PDA

View Full Version : Gq tail light swap

XT43
17th August 2014, 02:15 PM
Hopefully doing a quarter chop in the near future, removing the stock bar with indicators for a rear bar so I need to got from tail lights like these

To tail lights like these to incorporate the indicator

Is there much messing around with the wiring in getting the indicator from the stock rear bar to the replacement tail lights and do the original brake and reverse wiring plug straight in to the new tail lights?

Just trying to get some hands on info so I can tick all the boxes before I start.

Cheers.

Bloodyaussie
17th August 2014, 02:20 PM
Not hard at all and not much to explain. .. very straight forward.

I have done this mod as have many others.. once you have a closer look you will see how easy it is.

XT43
17th August 2014, 02:33 PM
Ok cool and thanks for the reply. Want as little down time as possible and there's nothing more frustrating as not having all the gear ready to go!

Thanks again :)

MudRunnerTD
17th August 2014, 03:24 PM
Double up from your bar with tails long enough to go back to the quarter panels. Done. You MIT have to rune a reverse wire from you Left side to the right side though but that's it bud. Simple.

menace 2
17th August 2014, 09:16 PM
don't forget to solder the joins mate because this is an area where you will have most interference with any wiring ....also the reverse wires are already there for both sides they will be the only wiring and plug sockets already up to the originals...the clear lenses on the originals were for that .

MudRunnerTD
17th August 2014, 10:08 PM
don't forget to solder the joins mate because this is an area where you will have most interference with any wiring ....also the reverse wires are already there for both sides they will be the only wiring and plug sockets already up to the originals...the clear lenses on the originals were for that .

One of the Odd things about the ADRs that demanded this ridiculous setup was that the reverse light on the drivers side was left redundant because Nissan thought that they could not see around the spare wheel anyway or they set it up for Left hand drive, I. Have no idea, but on the GUIV they only hook p the passenger side reverse light even though the reverse light lenses is there! Just dumb! I even asked Nissan to check mine under warranty as the drivers side was not working.. Just dumb.

I would not be surprised if the GQ was the same? I did mine sooooo long ago I can't remember. Lol

Clunk
17th August 2014, 10:32 PM
Nah mate, reverse lights work both sides on a GQ