PDA

View Full Version : Dual Dawes Setup

Dr Gary
16th August 2014, 11:52 AM
I have seen the write-up on Chaz' dual Dawes setup. Looks like a good system. Anyone else have one? What are the "Extra" issues past a single setup.
Physical setup and electrics will be OK. Any comments please

Rumcajs
16th August 2014, 02:26 PM
I have one, I did extra take on the install that is: I have manual overide to force either mode: low,high,auto.
Works like a charm. Other than splicing in to TPS signal and building your own voltage switch from scratch there are not issues as such.

I did encounter a weird problem once when I fully closed the needle valve which caused the the Dawes during switchover to trap boost pressure on the actuator side and keep it backed off. So I just keep the needle valve slightly open (very little) and have no issues.

Cheers

Dr Gary
17th August 2014, 02:14 PM
I have one, I did extra take on the install that is: I have manual overide to force either mode: low,high,auto.
Works like a charm. Other than splicing in to TPS signal and building your own voltage switch from scratch there are not issues as such.

I did encounter a weird problem once when I fully closed the needle valve which caused the the Dawes during switchover to trap boost pressure on the actuator side and keep it backed off. So I just keep the needle valve slightly open (very little) and have no issues.

Cheers
I'm not sure about the "auto"mode. I was just planning on a switch (spliced into "ignition" power) to close the solenoid on the low pressure Dawes when I wanted more boost. Assuming that setup, do you see any issues?

Rumcajs
17th August 2014, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure about the "auto"mode. I was just planning on a switch (spliced into "ignition" power) to close the solenoid on the low pressure Dawes when I wanted more boost. Assuming that setup, do you see any issues?

Advantage of the auto mode is that low boost is based on TPS (throttle pedal switch). I don't normally bother with "high" mode, usually I force the low boost for fuel savings and when engine is running cold otherwise it goes on auto and switching between low and high is based on accelerator pedal position.

There is nothing wrong with having manual switch to flick between low and high but you will get tired of it eventually.

Chaz's set up is auto mode only btw.

Cheers

Dr Gary
18th August 2014, 08:48 AM
Had a note from Chaz--same recommendation and I will heed it. Sounds like the optimum system.