15th August 2014, 09:25 PM
Its pretty cool working on it too :)

MEGOMONSTER
15th August 2014, 09:28 PM
Wrap one of them up for Xmas.

nissannewby
15th August 2014, 09:33 PM
Wrap one of them up for Xmas.

Yep I would have the dozer and the shovel.

When the bucket faces the way it does on the machine pictured in that link its referred to as a "shovel" and they are always a 2 piece bucket.

When the bucket faces the other way as seen on most excavators they are referred to as a "digger" and the bucket is mostly a single piece item.

NP99
15th August 2014, 09:37 PM
They would have been handy when I landscaped my back yard. Those 1/2 metre buckets take for ever :)

lhurley
15th August 2014, 09:57 PM
They would have been handy when I landscaped my back yard. Those 1/2 metre buckets take for ever :)

Would be good if all your surrounding neighbors needed there's done to, cause their yards would be getting destroyed regardless

NP99
15th August 2014, 10:01 PM
Would be good if all your surrounding neighbors needed there's done to, cause their yards would be getting destroyed regardless

And I still replaced my neighbours fence using a 1/2 metre bucket :)

nissannewby
15th August 2014, 10:08 PM

I feel that their yards would be the least of their worries considering you would take out 2 houses to access your yard lol

lhurley
15th August 2014, 10:25 PM
I feel that their yards would be the least of their worries considering you would take out 2 houses to access your yard lol

Collateral damage. They can worry about that in their new back yards.

Stropp
16th August 2014, 12:03 PM
yep i used to operate all those toys when i worked in the mines, i even operated the electric shovels that make those hydraulics look like tonka toys, there was one in the hunter valley two passes to fill a 240tonne truck.

NP99
16th August 2014, 03:57 PM
Back in the late 90's I had a part time job writing user manuals for that gear...

Hodge
16th August 2014, 06:23 PM
I love large mining equipment. I'm a bit of a dragline / stripping shovel fan, and have a few smaller scale models.
One of my faves is the Silver spade. This thing was absolutely ginormous ...