PDA

View Full Version : EGR plate

Dr Gary
15th August 2014, 03:07 PM
I see four possible locations to fit an EGR plate: (1) On the rear of the exhaust manifold, (2) On the EGR valve housing inlet, (3) on the EGR valve housing outlet, and (4) on the inlet manifold --from the EGR valve housing outlet.
So which is OK, which will create problems, and which will not "work"
It seems to me the rear of the exhaust manifold makes sense--maybe heat issues??
Thanks

threedogs
15th August 2014, 04:46 PM
top of the EGR pipe, which would be your top LHS looking from the front
Well its that on a Di motor

P4trol
16th August 2014, 08:18 AM
The two considerations are really easy of fitting, and ease of detection.

threedogs
16th August 2014, 09:04 AM
Ill put a picture here of a blocking plate then
you can see the same shape on top of your EGR plate

mudski
16th August 2014, 10:02 AM
Ill put a picture here of a blocking plate then
you can see the same shape on top of your EGR plate

Underneath the intercooler on the rhs of the motor you can see a silver cast alloy pipe come up and bolt to the manifold. This is the best spot. The lower spit you referred too, is easier to get to, having direct exhaust heat it will be harder to undo the nuts and a higher chance of braking them.

threedogs
18th August 2014, 02:54 PM
You will see this shape
This plate suits CRD

Ozmerican
24th November 2014, 11:33 PM
Is there a difference between CRD and TD30's. I've seen some with holes in them. Does it make a difference?

Clunk
25th November 2014, 10:33 AM
Is there a difference between CRD and TD30's. I've seen some with holes in them. Does it make a difference?

I think holes are put in on the CRD ones to help prevent throwing a fault code........ Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can shed some light

the evil twin
25th November 2014, 12:10 PM

The hole stops the ECU from seeing an occasional P0401 EGR fault code but because it allows gas past it kinda negates the purpose of the blanking plate.

Amongst the myriad of other handy things they do, a Scan gauge (or equivalent) will easily reset the code and the check engine light allowing you to run a full blanking plate.

Scangauge is the first thing I would buy for a CRD.
If nothing else they will show you exactly how much horseshit and urban myth there is on the www. regarding CRD ZD30's.

Ozmerican
2nd December 2014, 01:48 AM
ET,
thanks for the data at the meeting. Going to figure this out ifnit kills me..

Snow Patrol
2nd December 2014, 10:57 AM
I run a full blanking plate on my CRD. It throws the odd P0401 code so I purchased the cheaper Scangauge e to reset the engine light. Host of other useful features in the Scangauge which will keep an avid button pusher happy.