PDA

View Full Version : CSU tyre blow out north of Moree

HuskyInAuz
14th August 2014, 10:00 PM
Well 6872 km's and CSU was working pretty well, I'd thought about replacing tyres before trip but they looked pretty good. Repacked axle bearing and were working well too. So a run at 110-115 kph about 40 K's north of Moree and boom, CSU tyre blew out. Luckily a farm driveway was very conveniently located and so we pulled in off the Newell Hwy and started the swap over. Tyre was pretty much shredded and a lot of rubber wrapped around the axle. Jacked up, pulled off the rim, new wheel put on and yup, rancher came out and asked if I needed help (was just about done with the last torque on a lug nut), thank him for stopping and then asked where I was from in Canada .... (I did grow up a stone's throw away) Had a good laugh when I pointed out my "Seattle Seahawks" tee shirt that I had on (present from son) but then went on for about a 30 minute conversation. Really nice person and conversation, gave us lot's of local information and then was off. So here we sit in a 'pet friendly' motel listening to road trains go by until AM when I will look up Paul's friend at a Moree tyre center here at 0700.. Like to get home tomorrow.

NP99
15th August 2014, 09:22 AM
Good outcome from the blow out. Can tell your not a local :) we call them farmers not ranchers :) :) safe travels mate.

Cuppa
15th August 2014, 02:12 PM
The best things always come out of the unexpected. :)

threedogs
15th August 2014, 04:49 PM
When you return home have a TPMS fitted , they have a warning for such incidents,
but great no damage and all safe