PDA

View Full Version : My new UHF console

MuddyTroll
14th August 2014, 03:50 PM
Just thought I'd throw up a couple pics of a UHF roof console I knocked up the other week end. I wanted the double din space for a head unit, and the glasses console was useless. Not perfect but good enough for me :)

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2014, 03:52 PM
Looks good mate. Tidy. what about the hand piece? where will that hang?

daggy
14th August 2014, 05:00 PM
That looks great. My sunglass holder only useful for holding my frequent flyer cards for the auto stores.

Clunk
14th August 2014, 05:35 PM
looks very tidy mate, great job

MuddyTroll
15th August 2014, 11:24 PM
Hand piece is mounted in the dash near gear stick, unit has a mic plug in the back that I extended. I'll put a pic up when I get 5 minutes.

MuddyTroll
25th August 2014, 06:01 PM
As promised, pic of where I relocated the hand piece to.

MEGOMONSTER
25th August 2014, 06:09 PM
As promised, pic of where I relocated the hand piece to.

Nice job, very tidy.

Stropp
25th August 2014, 08:48 PM
Very nice job mate well done.

BigRAWesty
25th August 2014, 09:55 PM
Very tidy mate. What did you use for anchor points??

MuddyTroll
26th August 2014, 04:58 AM
Thanks everyone, good 8 hours in it. Made it from marine ply. Had to strip, get roof shape, design, build, make all brackets, felt cover etc.

Used existing central mount point for existing sunnys holder. Only has 1 bolt holding it up there but is under spring tension. Between the felt friction and the slot for the mirror mount it will not twist. Seen a couple rough runs and hasn't moved at all and is very stable. I was really surprised how much space is up there between the lining and the roof itself. I didn't go the full console as last rig had one and rarely used it and did hit my head a few times..