PDA

View Full Version : td42 with sd33t Injection pump... Possible??

zjuul
11th August 2014, 05:20 PM
hello guys,

i'm plannig to do a turbo setup on my td42 non turbo engine. the engine I have is provide with a inline fuel pump. Now I'm looking for a pump that have a boost pressure compensation that changes the amount of fuel denpending of the boost. Now I was wondering if it is possible to build a injection pump on the td42 from a patrol MQ/MK with the sd33t engine? I guess that these are comperable pumps? someone who did a setup like that?

maybe I can combinate the pumps and build 1 pump out of 2? the td42 pump is controlled by a throttle body and pneumatic governor pump... maybe I can combinate the RLD governor and the boost compensator from a sd33t pump with the plungers and pump body from the TD42?

thank you guys!
grt Zjuul

Col.T
11th August 2014, 08:06 PM
G'day mate,
I don't have any idea whatsoever to answer your problem but it is a pleasure to say hullo to someone way over there in Belgium, I've not ever done it before.
Over here in Oz. i'd probably go to a local automotive engineer and ask the question. You will need some equipment so that is possibly the best starting point, even if it locks you in to his/her/their price.
On the other hand, you may be lucky and get a reply from someone who has done that conversion.
I know that sort of job has been done many times before. Good luck.
How's the weather and 4 wheel driving in Belgium?
Regards,
Col.

nissannewby
11th August 2014, 08:44 PM
So you want to use the pneumatic control part from a sd33t inline pump on a td42 inline pump?

zjuul
11th August 2014, 09:10 PM
thanks for the reactions!

@ nissannewby: no I want to change the pneumatic control part from the td42 pump with the mechanic control part from the sd33t and also build the boost compensator from the sd33t pump on to the td42 pump so I get a mechanic controlled pump without throttle valve and a boost compensation.

@Col.T: the weather isn't that good the last days ;) there is not much place here to drive the patrol offroad so thats a shame...

grtz Zjuul

nissannewby
11th August 2014, 10:42 PM
Ah ok. I hope I have understood this correctly, but if they are both inline pumps and of the 6 cylinder variety then it should be possible.

With the rotary style pumps there are many compensators that can be fitted to them.

zjuul
13th August 2014, 11:18 PM
nobody who did it before?

BigRAWesty
14th August 2014, 07:10 AM
I think most of us would have just bought a compensated pump..

nissannewby
14th August 2014, 07:24 AM
I think most of us would have just bought a compensated pump..

How do you think the compensator gets onto these pumps? You can make a gq non compensated pump into a compensated item with the right parts and know how.

Zjuuls difference is he is using inline injector pumps compared to what we commonly have here in the rotary injector pumps. The boost compensation on an inline pump is slightly different to that of a rotary pump.

Zjuul im pretty sure it can be done. There is a thread on the other forum about fitting a turbo with an inline pump. If you like I can track it down for you as it has some good info about the compensator and other bits.

zjuul
14th August 2014, 04:59 PM
thank you for this helpfull post! If it would be possible to find that other post that would be very nice!

zjuul

nissannewby
15th August 2014, 09:51 AM
thank you for this helpfull post! If it would be possible to find that other post that would be very nice!

zjuul

Not sure if this will have your exact info but there is some good information in it.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-55/turbo-install-inline-ip-135770/