PDA

View Full Version : Paint restoration....

Drewboyaus
11th August 2014, 12:05 PM
Quick question....
My lovely white duco is looking a light shade of beige at the moment with all the mud staining it and seems it can't be washed off.
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best product to use to restore the paintwork to it's former glory (whiteness)?
Ta,
Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

lhurley
11th August 2014, 12:24 PM
Maguiars has a paint restore kit, it has good wax and cut and polish. Made mine look pretty good. $50 I think it was.

Drewboyaus
11th August 2014, 01:33 PM
Cool. I'll have a look at that. Thanks.

jff45
11th August 2014, 03:12 PM
You could also try a clay bar on it. $25 for the Meguiars kit or $5 ebay from china..
It took epoxy enamel overspray off mine where I was having a hard time with cutting compound.

Drewboyaus
18th August 2014, 11:39 PM
So I used the Maguiars paint restoration stuff....it wasn't a kit but a light cutting solution that apparently doesn't affect clear coat....
Well it worked a treat on the old bus.....looks white now rather than light beige. Very please thanks guys.

A bit of a shame I didn't take a before shot...

lhurley
19th August 2014, 12:26 AM
That's what we want to hear. Good job bloke!

happygu
19th August 2014, 10:09 AM
So I used the Maguiars paint restoration stuff....it wasn't a kit but a light cutting solution that apparently doesn't affect clear coat....
Well it worked a treat on the old bus.....looks white now rather than light beige. Very please thanks guys.

A bit of a shame I didn't take a before shot...

Looks like new ..... good job

megatexture
19th August 2014, 11:13 AM
Come and do mine now lol pin stripes stand out on silver lol

Stropp
19th August 2014, 11:25 AM
second one for claybar, cut it back clay bar it and then polish it and you will never do it any other way, you can actually feel the difference on the paint with the clay bar.

q6r99
24th August 2014, 02:32 AM
How can i get original paint Code ?

Sherro
24th August 2014, 10:24 AM
How can i get original paint Code ?

It will be on the builders plate on the fire wall.

giovannigonzales
18th September 2014, 05:14 PM
paint code chart can be accessed on net or from authorized dealers..
australian pokies download (http://www.avtpipefittings.com/)

alfonso
13th October 2014, 09:10 PM
Now that your paint is all good Try 2001 once a year polish on it . Available from supercheap in orange bottle. I use it before going bush each trip takes about 1 hour and no dirt sticks to it as it seals paint pores much better than cutting and polishing all the time as this removes some of the paint . And it is so easy to clean car even bugs and tar wash straight off