PDA

View Full Version : factory diff lock troubles----recurrrence

willie or wont-he
10th August 2014, 04:43 PM
hi all---readers will recall recent issues in a previous post re-diff lock warning light and chime,and the nissan dealer in whyalla s.a.reckoned it was a vacuum hose came off---dont think so!!! however upon travelling a further 1000 or so ks up thru vic ,nsw &into q.l.d with van in tow,no sign of a problem until the surat st george area when on comes the diff lock light again and the inevitable chiming over 20ks per hr... After pulling over,decided to continue on slowly to next town as there is no way the diff is locked ,so after 20 ks or so of trying to cope with the chiming i decide maybe there is a faulty component in the actuator on the rear of the diff,causing a false signal,so grabs me a solid block of wood and i give said actuator a couple of firm taps......hey presto!! no more light or warning all the way to gladstone which is many hundreds of ks further on.....have not had a chance to chase nissan up as yet but will do and most likely insist on a full check of the whole diff lock set up...personally i reckon the actuator is faulty and needs replacing............will provide an update as and when i have some answers.....
cheers willie

willie or wont-he
17th August 2014, 08:02 PM
hello all
Well,nissan have inspected my vehicle and have decided the actuator is faulty,and will replace under warranty.Job is booked in to be done on wednesday,so hopefully fixes the problem----time will tell....
cheers willie

MEGOMONSTER
17th August 2014, 08:12 PM
hello all Well,nissan have inspected my vehicle and have decided the actuator is faulty,and will replace under warranty.Job is booked in to be done on wednesday,so hopefully fixes the problem----time will tell.... cheers willie
Fingers crossed, Willie.

willie or wont-he
17th August 2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah---thanks,megomonster-----should all be good as can,t be anything too serious----was pleased that they did not stuff me around but decided straight off to deal with it and replace the faulty part,as like most of us,i have had a few issues with dealers over time regarding services not carried out properly etc,so is good to see a cooperative dealer.can,t be a very common thing as no others reporting same...will further update after job is done if they give me any other info
cheers willie