PDA

View Full Version : colours of cars

nathan
19th February 2011, 03:29 PM
why do green and maroon patrols fade quickly? is white the best colour for not fading?

Bigrig
19th February 2011, 05:53 PM
why do green and maroon patrols fade quickly? is white the best colour for not fading?

No idea - is it a known thing that those two colours tend to fade faster??? Hadn't heard of it and couldn't even make up a BS answer as to why they would!! LOL. All paint fades without proper care and without protection from the sun .. I.e. A carport at home through the day etc. Even taking care of the car thins the paint over time - proper washing and polishing takes a minute layer of paint off.

I also thought modern makes used less coats of paint and used clear lacquer or whatever to give it the final shine???

Finly Owner
19th February 2011, 09:04 PM
Ah the answer is scientific my students. Now sit down , shut up , listen and learn. The reason you think "colours" are fading and "white" is not is:

Colours that are dark absorb light and reflect less percentage back out, hence faded colour reflects even less light.
Where as white reflects 99% light back even if faded, as the colour white is a natural reflective occurance.

YNOT
19th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Thread cleaned up.

Tony

AB
20th February 2011, 12:14 AM
Thread cleaned up.

Tony

That should be your avatar Tony...lol

YNOT
20th February 2011, 07:32 AM
That should be your avatar Tony...lol

I've thought about it, but just can't get rid of the old goldminer! I use different user names on different forums but the same goldminer avatar on all of them.

Tony