PDA

View Full Version : what is a good all round tyre

nathan
19th February 2011, 03:21 PM
looking for a good all round tyre for my truck, any suggestions

gec
19th February 2011, 03:25 PM
I have found the Cooper ST to be a very good tire, good on road [wet or dry] good on sand and mud and great mileage also

big_fletch
19th February 2011, 03:30 PM
looking for a good all round tyre for my truck, any suggestions

Hey mate, if your after a tyre that's a good all rounder then I would suggest a all terrain, something like a bfg all terrain would be a good pic.. good on road and yet strong for out the bush
Everyone will have a different opinion as there is so many choices out there, also depends on how much you wanna spend

Fletcha

Bigrig
19th February 2011, 04:18 PM
Hey mate, if your after a tyre that's a good all rounder then I would suggest a all terrain, something like a bfg all terrain would be a good pic.. good on road and yet strong for out the bush
Everyone will have a different opinion as there is so many choices out there, also depends on how much you wanna spend

Fletcha

All good points - add to that where you live and what you want to do. Those things are specific to you and hence you'll have every man and his dog weigh in on these types of discussions and the thing is, they are all correct generally speaking!! They have the tyre that suits what they do and how they drive, so of course they'll recommend one after a bit of trial and error. Most AT's are a good bet these days, good mix of on and off road ability. Federal are an example: never had them before, have heard bugger all about them, but someone I know down the coast has a set (put on about 3 months ago) and reckons they are a treat .. as are BFG's, Mickey Thompson's, Maxxis, etc etc etc - decide what it is you want to do, how much you want to spend and to be honest, which ones look good on the truck also (they're functional, but we all still want them to look good!!).

Good luck with the choice.

wildgu6
20th February 2011, 10:38 PM
Nathan, everything that Gec said only with the BFGs, A/T-ko's.
Brilliant tyre both on and off road, a bit pricey but well worth it.

Check this link, might give you a broarder selection
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?19-Tyres-and-Rims

Cheers Pete

nowoolies
21st February 2011, 12:08 AM
one thats not flat ..................lmao

sorry had to be said

wildgu6
21st February 2011, 07:42 PM
one thats not flat ..................lmao

sorry had to be said

You trippa, got to be something in the water out west,

Rick
21st February 2011, 10:22 PM
Big-rig has nailed it ...the only thing I would add is that I have not heard anyone complain about the k's they get out of there BFG all terrains.... I used to get 100 000 out of mine but have just swaped to the BFG Muds not sure yet if im not going back noise is not an issue but k's maybe...

nowoolies
22nd February 2011, 12:52 AM
You trippa, got to be something in the water out west,

want some its free lmao

Clunk
22nd February 2011, 12:54 AM
got BFG A/T's at the mo and no issues at all, when they're finally done will probably look at agtting to muddies put on, not sure which way to go yet but might stick with BFG if funds permit

growler2058
22nd February 2011, 08:25 PM
:smileyvault-cute-biRunning Mickey Thompson MTZ on my Troll and Wifeys 120 Prado and they've been great. The great tyre debate could almost be compared to the Holden v Ford, everyone has their favourite. I agree with the others weigh up needs, wants, $ & definately the "Look"!