PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a wiring diagram to Upgrading the headlight wiring loom GU patrol

janderson
4th August 2014, 06:14 PM
My head lights are dull & yellow so looking at doing a rewire on the headlights.

Col.T
4th August 2014, 07:29 PM
G'day Jando,
can't help with the sparky stuff but are you talking a wiring upgrade to give more beam? How would that work?
My GU's got crap lights as sold but a couple of bloody good Hellas on the bull bar, wired to a switch on the console and connected through the high beam circuit. Didn't do it as was on when I bought it but it's good enough 'round town and exo out bush.
Regards
Col

janderson
4th August 2014, 07:49 PM
G'day Jando,
can't help with the sparky stuff but are you talking a wiring upgrade to give more beam? How would that work?
My GU's got crap lights as sold but a couple of bloody good Hellas on the bull bar, wired to a switch on the console and connected through the high beam circuit. Didn't do it as was on when I bought it but it's good enough 'round town and exo out bush.
Regards
Col

It by using 5mm wire to stop voltage drop also you add 2 relays one to each light. you can get them on ebay for $150 but I would prefer to wire it my self.

the evil twin
4th August 2014, 08:14 PM
GU's don't seem to suffer anything like the voltage drop issues that the GQ did.

First thing I would do is try Narva or Philips +100 bulbs.
The difference is enormous.
I've rewired every GQ I've owned but both GU's I've had are goodo with factory loom.

If you still want to rewire the vehicle then nothing is lost as you would want to use those globes anyway.

janderson
5th August 2014, 05:09 PM
GU's don't seem to suffer anything like the voltage drop issues that the GQ did.

First thing I would do is try Narva or Philips +100 bulbs.
The difference is enormous.
I've rewired every GQ I've owned but both GU's I've had are goodo with factory loom.

If you still want to rewire the vehicle then nothing is lost as you would want to use those globes anyway.

I run a jumper wire to the lights today. Made no deference. So wiring not the problem. Will now be looking at the Philips +100 bulbs.