PDA

View Full Version : TB42 Holley carby convertion??

Petrolling
3rd August 2014, 03:01 PM
Hey Guys,

Been looking into the holley carby to replace my nikki on my TB42.
Most of the post don't write back about how they went with the conversion at all.

Just wondering if anyone has used the recarb holley on the below site and how it went throwing it on and how the car ran after.
http://recarb.com.au/holley-carburetor-conversion-nissan-patrol-tb42-ford-p-12.html?osCsid=323b1a0e028ddddc76467022b9ca0b42

Cheers,

Wade

93patrol
3rd August 2014, 05:36 PM
Yes mate I have don't it on mine and it runs 100% better. Get a can't pro to do it though as the float need to be set after install and couple of other things

Petrolling
4th August 2014, 09:51 AM
Hey mate,
How is the fuel consumption once you put it in?
Are you running duel fuel or just petrol as I am just running petrol?

Cheers

93patrol
4th August 2014, 11:25 AM
Just straight petrol. I get an extra 30-50 km from my tank

scubasteve
4th August 2014, 10:03 PM
Yes mate I have don't it on mine and it runs 100% better. Get a can't pro to do it though as the float need to be set after install and couple of other things

Hey mate how much did the whole thing cost you including the proffesional tune up? I know the kits are about 700 or so. Just curious if I can afford it for mine

93patrol
4th August 2014, 10:23 PM
$620 for the carby and auto choke. And 1 hr labour for the tune.

I fitted it myself and had it running and all but didn't have the know how or the experience to set the float level and muck around with jetting

It took me 2 hours to install

93patrol
4th August 2014, 10:23 PM
Also I ordered it straight of the website not from eBay as it's cheaper and I brought a second hand refurbed one

scottmeister
5th August 2014, 10:26 AM
Whilst I appreciate you may be set on the Holley, it'd certainly be cheaper to do an EFI conversion, and you would see superior power and economy results.

Petrolling
6th August 2014, 10:32 AM
Whilst I appreciate you may be set on the Holley, it'd certainly be cheaper to do an EFI conversion, and you would see superior power and economy results.

Hey mate,

Yeah I know a mechanic on the Gold Coast who has spent years working patrols and recommends an EFI over a Holley or fix my original carby before touching a Holley.
So I might give my old carby a crack first and see how it runs.
Don't know about it being cheaper though.

Thanks mate,

Wade

scottmeister
6th August 2014, 12:09 PM
If you're paying somebody perhaps it won't be cheaper, but doing most of the conversion yourself and picking up parts from here and there will be. I agree that an overhauled factory carby would otherwise be the way to go.