PDA

View Full Version : Flinders - Light Plane Crash

ova50
3rd August 2014, 01:34 PM
Currently in the Flinders, been here for about 10 days,(Rawnsley Park Station) plan to stay until Thursday 7th.
Cold nights, day temp great.
Yesterday (2nd Aug) the light plane at Rawnsley Air Field crashed on landing, luckily no one was seriously injured.

macca
3rd August 2014, 02:57 PM
Great to hear no one serious.

What are you doing at Rawnsley? Are you staying there the whole time? Is there much to see around there?

Heading there for 8 days in September, any tips on what to see gratefully accepted!

MEGOMONSTER
4th August 2014, 12:21 AM
I wonder what the statistics are for light aircraft accidents per year, OZ or world wide, cos we tend to hear about light aircraft going down at least once a week , or month.

Drewboyaus
4th August 2014, 08:08 AM
I wonder what the statistics are for light aircraft accidents per year, OZ or world wide, cos we tend to hear about light aircraft going down at least once a week , or month.

Safer than driving your car Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Coldcomfort
4th August 2014, 11:52 AM
The most dangerous thing about flying is the drive to and from the airport. I got my PPL in 1982. Well over 2000 hours now and not even a misfire. Now lets talk about all the cars I have owned....

ova50
5th August 2014, 12:03 PM
Great to hear no one serious.

What are you doing at Rawnsley? Are you staying there the whole time? Is there much to see around there?

Heading there for 8 days in September, any tips on what to see gratefully accepted!

Whole time, we have been here at Rawnsley, ust relaxing, Have done a couple of drives/treks around the area.
Its the first time we have stayed at Rawnsley.
Good camp ground, and fuel is about 8 cents a litre cheaper at Rawnsley than at Hawker and Wilpena.

Past visits we have stayed at Willow Springs Station, Wilpena , Alpana Station and Arkaroola.
Plan to head up to Arkaroola on Thursday, may spend a few days there.
Plenty of things to see or do.

Some years back I purchased a book "The Flinders Ranges" by Ron & Viv Moon.
Its is quite a comprehensive book, tracks, places of interest etc.
Anything specific I may be able to help with, let me know.
:cheers: