PDA

View Full Version : 'Dingo Jack'

Jack's Mum
3rd August 2014, 11:00 AM
:offtopic: Couldn't find the thread about the Dingos (which I found very helpful, by the way), so I've posted this with pics I hope, to get your opinions.

He is approx. a 5mth old pup & I've just re-homed 'Jack' from a Rescue Centre, west of Inverell NSW. I've had him for 2weeks now.
He was 'surrendered' because he was too big for a house dog .. he's supposed to be a cross Boxer, but I'm sure that was based solely on his colouration as there is very little 'Boxer' about him. He has long legs, flat feet, doesn't bark but will 'talk' when he wants to play etc. He's lean but very heavy & has a 'plush' sort of coat that is sandy coloured in the undercoat fur & a much longer tail than 'ordinary' tails on various cross breds & even many purebred dogs I've seen during my 'working days' as a Vet Nurse over 40 odd yrs.

Anyway, I expect he's a cross with some part being Cattledog, going on the speckles on his front legs. I'm waiting to see how his denture characteristics develop, as I believe there could be 'telltale' hints there, maybe. He has the most funny 'worry lines' on his flat-ish forehead when he's 'thinking', which seem to move his ears upwards at the same time .. such character in this pup .. I'm so glad I found him & have him part of my family!

Cheers & waiting for any replies & opinions.
Couldn't find my other pics, but this is so far the best one, taken 2 weeks ago. 47866

NP99
3rd August 2014, 11:04 AM
Good looking dog :)

growler2058
3rd August 2014, 11:29 AM
Is this the post youre looking for http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12548-dingo-identification&highlight=wild+dogs

dads tractor
3rd August 2014, 11:39 AM
Sure is a good looking young fella but watch him he looks to have more mischief than a teenager with their first pay packet .:D

my third 256
3rd August 2014, 01:53 PM
or was it this one
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12548-dingo-identification

Chimo
3rd August 2014, 06:04 PM
Looks like a smart dog with a bit of self confidence and character.

How is he with other dogs?

I had a Lab Kelpie crossed with a Red Setter that had a similar look and great character.

He happily? shared his good ohs with my middle daughter!

Cheers
Chimo

menace 2
4th August 2014, 02:15 PM
he sits like a girl