PDA

View Full Version : GU8 ABS Lights fault

bindi
31st July 2014, 07:50 PM
Hi folks

my ABS light and ABS off lights have come on today and I have no idea how to turn them off or what is wrong.
Car is 2012 CRD and still in warranty so have booked it in for next tuesday but just thought some of you guys and gals might be able to add some wisdom?

I have been in 4wd mode today to go around a few fallen trees and did have a few twigs kick up into the wheel arches.

cheers
Mark

bindi
31st July 2014, 07:51 PM
Scan gauge isn't showing any faults either.

nissan678
4th August 2014, 01:00 PM
Hi all, I'm new here. Hm. My ABS light's is not working properly because its wire got grounded. I'm finding a better Electrical Contractor (http://www.thegreenbook.com/products/electrical-contractors/) to help me fix it. Do you have any recommendation? If you have, much appreciated. Thankyou.

Col.T
4th August 2014, 07:43 PM
G'day Bindi,
on the back of the brake rotor is a 'pick up' and wire up to the ABS system which you may have broken/lost/whatever. Bit uncommon to have that happen though, I reckon.
Under warranty, let them tell you.
Luck,
Col

Col.T
4th August 2014, 07:48 PM
Nissan678,
welcome. Without knowing anything about you, we can't really make any suggestions. I'm guessing a good auto electrician in Adelaide may not be of use?
Go over to the introductions page, say hullo and fill in a few profile details. Will help us and with luck, you
Again, welcome to the site,
Col

bindi
27th August 2014, 08:27 PM
ok folks, so went to my local friendly Nissan dealer, who quickly identified the problem for me.

The ABS sensor wire (rear nearside) and which is also protected by a metal shield was broken, and there was a fairly substantial piece of wood stuck there too. It would appear that I drove over a log or 2 and a fairly heavy part must have flicked up, bent back the shield, exposing and nipping the wires.

Not covered by warranty and $480 to fix with complete new sensor/sensor wire.

Anyway all fixed now.