PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Silver on Brisbane Nth Side

Silver
19th February 2011, 01:49 AM
Good morning!

a quick post - later today will be rebuilding front hubs on my trusty petrol Mav.

All started with need to replace rotors and a good price from a local supplier on a suitable kit :-)

Clunk
19th February 2011, 02:54 AM
welcome aboard mate, I see you've been active with the posts already, hope you enjoy the forum and join in the banter, good bunch of guys on here. would love to see some pics of your rig mate.

Bigrig
19th February 2011, 07:01 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Another brissy boy!!! Top stuff. Great people, information and laughs to be had on here mate, so feel free to join in wherever you wish and make the most of it.

Not sure if you've seen it as yet, but a bunch of us and friends/families ate heading up to Landcruiser Moutain Park the weekend after next - check out the thread in Clubs and Events for QLD and if you're interested, you're more than welcome to tag along - the more the merrier!!

Sir Roofy
19th February 2011, 07:05 AM
welcome aboard silver wow you been busy over nite
lots of chit chat enjo your stay

Bob
19th February 2011, 07:11 AM
welcome siver I was going to say join in and enjoy but you already have. Have a good day

NissanGQ4.2
19th February 2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the forum Silver

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

When you get a chance drop past the members map thread and leave the suburb in NS Brissy you reside so i can add you 2 the map

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

Dhuck
19th February 2011, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the forum Silver

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 11:32 AM
G'Day and Welcome to the forum Silver

1tuffgq
19th February 2011, 05:00 PM
welcome aboard silver wow you been busy over nite
lots of chit chat enjo your stay

AB
19th February 2011, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Woof
19th February 2011, 06:49 PM
Welcome Silver, enjoy the forum mate

Clunk
19th February 2011, 07:46 PM
did he get his 25 posts and run???

Finly Owner
19th February 2011, 08:37 PM
Well hi and bye it seems Silver.
Enjoy your manual mate.

Silver
20th February 2011, 01:33 AM
well.............. I was keen to download that manual, but thought I'd never have 25 things to say. As it turned out it was very easy to join in with what you had all said to date. Thanks!!

Half way through the left hand side hub and brake rebuild and a bit less on the right front, and have eliminated the rear as a source of problems in the short term :-) repaired a slider boot with super glue - a first for me. Also discovered that they grow if left in kero for a couple of hours, and despite predictions, shrink back to normal overnight :-) Happy about that!

Found the source of the brake noise - metal on metal contact lhs front inner pad - ooops :-(

Silver
20th February 2011, 01:35 AM
bog standard and boring, alas Clunk 71 - Silver LWB Mav.

Clunk
20th February 2011, 01:36 AM
well.............. I was keen to download that manual, but thought I'd never have 25 things to say. As it turned out it was very easy to join in with what you had all said to date. Thanks!!

Half way through the left hand side hub and brake rebuild and a bit less on the right front, and have eliminated the rear as a source of problems in the short term :-) repaired a slider boot with super glue - a first for me. Also discovered that they grow if left in kero for a couple of hours, and despite predictions, shrink back to normal overnight :-) Happy about that!

Found the source of the brake noise - metal on metal contact lhs front inner pad - ooops :-(

nice work there Silver, good to hear you found the problem, thanks for the update mate. Did you manage to take any pics at all???

Clunk
20th February 2011, 01:38 AM
bog standard and boring, alas Clunk 71 - Silver LWB Mav.

Nowt wrong with bog standard mate, it's a great canvas to put your own stamp on....... my Q is still standard

AB
20th February 2011, 01:43 AM
Glad you back mate, stick around and join in the conversations and keep asking any questions you have.

Good bunch of people here!!!

Silver
20th February 2011, 01:44 AM
G'day Todd, I lived in Florabella (??) St Warrimoo for a while a couple of decades ago :-) lovely part of the world! First one on the left heading west after the shops.

Grew up in the mountains a few decades ago and sad to leave it, but love Qld and as we have a daughter now even cheer for the Maroons in SOO, partly because we don't know yet how well she can fight !!! Wife still goes for the Blues.

The mountains changed even while I was there, from 4wd access in the early 70s to the trains. We used to swim with the swimming club from Regentville to the Rowing Club. Glenbrook Creek's junction with the Nepean was about 20' deep and sparkling - hope it is again!

Thanks all for making me feel so welcome.

Silver
20th February 2011, 01:46 AM
G'day BigRig, not sure we are up to Cruiser Park yet. Have tootled over most of Mt Mee over the years, but as Mr Eastwood said, a good man knows his limitations :-)

Silver
20th February 2011, 01:50 AM
Crikey, I've been looking at how you have all set up your rigs - ours is bog standard for cruising with ARB suspension at standard height and polyairs because we take too much stuff, which leads to why we have roof rack.

I am however building a mean remote controlled scale off road rig :-) A Venom for those interested. Less likely to destroy itself when driven into the gutter at speed (by wife, twice!!) as was the case with the speedy remote controlled car from Jaycar.

Clunk
20th February 2011, 01:59 AM
yeah some of these guys have got some real serious beasts

Silver
20th February 2011, 09:58 AM
no photos alas, and there is a better thread on this forum on this repair than I could ever do!

Next thing I'll be looking for is the anti rattle plates that go between the pads and caliper/piston. Although it worked fine without them (apart from pad wear indicator being absent!). It has the smaller cross shaped anti rattle plates.

wildgu6
20th February 2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Silver, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Sounds like you been a busy man,

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

growler2058
20th February 2011, 02:23 PM
G'day silver. Nothing more satisying than workin on ur troll urself and saving some coin ay. Enjoy

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:48 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Silver
3rd May 2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the interesting welcome, pleased to see someone else makes interesting typoos....

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the interesting welcome, pleased to see someone else makes interesting typoos....

What? Never had a worm welcome before? Where you been? LOL!!!

GUtsy ute
3rd May 2011, 10:42 PM
The worm has turned and welcomed you with both ends!LOL.

Silver
3rd May 2011, 11:16 PM
The worm has turned and welcomed you with both ends!LOL.

Does this have something to do with Tequila?? :-) Never tried it, unless it was in the Margarita we had on Fraser Island years ago. Hmmm, might be another vice to acquire!

Dark 1
3rd May 2011, 11:58 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Silver
4th May 2011, 11:34 PM
thanks Dark1, will poke around a bit - as a fisherman I have some Gulp worms that might come in handy for poking into those extra dodgy spots.

I'm still pondering your excellent looking LED worklights. Just thinking about how and where to fit them - above the spare tyre, easy, but my welding might not be up to a trip to Weipa, or on the roof rack - wiring issues.