PDA

View Full Version : hey everybody, currently on the great ocean road!

newbietraveller101
28th July 2014, 10:24 PM
Hi all,

Bought a 1988 ford maverick/ nissan patrol V6 petrol (carburettor) to complete a 12000km journey from sydney hugging the coast to Darwin. A few problems are arising but nothing an adventure this big doesn't deserve. I am a newbie when it comes to car mechanics however I am a quick learner and want to know how to do the basics myself. so far that has involved an interior stripping and rebuilding (back seats out, bed in!), roof rack/ box installation and some electrical wiring (radio, exterior lights and usb charging docks.)

I need some help for the next project..... looking to replace the fuel filter as there is some coughing and spluttering going on during acceleration and idle.

my question is.....where is the fuel pump fuse so i can lose the fuel pressure. any advice on the actual filter change would be much appreciated.

cheers!

Clunk
28th July 2014, 10:50 PM
Welcome aboard mate, sounds like you've got an epic journey ahead. Can't help with your question unfortunately but might be an idea to start a thread in the appropriate section and ask away..... not everyone reads the intros.

kevin07
28th July 2014, 10:58 PM
hello newbie and welcome I have not seen a mav one but in the gq its on top of the motor just like a small metal canister

AB
29th July 2014, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

You should get a better response if you ask any questions in their category as a lot of people don't read this section.

MEGOMONSTER
29th July 2014, 09:01 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

BigRAWesty
29th July 2014, 09:31 AM
Welcome mate.
How far up the road are you? There is a few members on the way.
I'm in mount gambier, mudnut is Portland.
I'd be happy to lend a hand and have manuals here for a browse, but I'm unsure of this v6..
Guessing it's a half way commodore conversion instead of using a v8??
Either way happy to assist.

Sherro
3rd August 2014, 08:10 AM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
3rd August 2014, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

v-e-r-o-n
10th August 2014, 11:04 PM
welcome to the crew