PDA

View Full Version : Boost

henk kruger
28th July 2014, 08:12 PM
Good day

I have a 2006 ZD30 Patrol. I installed a bigger intercooler, exhaust and a dawes valve. I have a boost gauge and EGT gauge. Everything went well and the car had a lot of power and was running smoothly since the conversion. We did a four-wheel drive trip over rough terrain and since then there has been a difference on the boost and EGT gauge readings. At 60kph the boost gauge reads less than what it previously read and the EGT is a little bit higher. At 100 + km/h the boost fluctuates even while your foot is steady on the accelerator. The boost will jump from 4 to 20psi within seconds and then back to 6 or 10 psi. I have noticed with low psi the EGT is higher.
I have not yet blocked off the EGR valve. Is this a possible EGR problem?

Thanks
Henk

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2014, 08:20 PM
Hi Henk

Please head over to the introduction section and start an intro thread about yourself please. We like folks to say Gday before asking for advice.

Cheers MR

mudski
28th July 2014, 10:45 PM
Hard to say but I would open the dawes up and check the ball and spring to see if the ball is seating properly. Also check all the hoses and clamps from the turbo right around to the intake manifold. Lower boost will equate to higher egt's so it's a possibility that you just have a boost leak. Also your gauge just could have had the death rattles too but I doubt that.