PDA

View Full Version : Recomend a lift pump td42t

MuddyTroll
26th July 2014, 09:10 PM
As the title states I'm after all your thoughts on a lift pump for a td42t. The problem is after a few hours I need to prime her to get her to start. I've replaced and tightened all hoses around the primer/filter and the IP. Replaced washers in the banjo as there was a fuel leak from there initially. Changed fuel filter etc. When I get a bit more time I'll track it backwards to the tank and inspect lines but its not leaking any fuel. I'm almost over it. Thought I'd chuck in a pump and hope it sorts it out or at least show where the leak is. Open to ideas thoughts and opinions. Thanks Guys & Gals

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 09:23 PM
A lot of guys use a carter 4600 lift pump.

MuddyTroll
27th July 2014, 04:32 AM
Thanks, will look into it. Where abouts do they usually install these? Is closer to the tank better? I've got a GU2 Wagon.

nipagu7
27th July 2014, 10:06 AM
don't really know myself . but if your injectors are leaking It might drop prime in the fuel system . if you can't find any leaks elsewhere it might be worth having them tested .

MuddyTroll
27th July 2014, 11:38 AM
don't really know myself . but if your injectors are leaking It might drop prime in the fuel system . if you can't find any leaks elsewhere it might be worth having them tested .

Yep ok I may go down that road. Not something I thought of. Thank you.

MuddyTroll
28th July 2014, 04:25 AM
Went with the carter pump. Just need a little tip on install location. Closest to the tank, pre-filter, or post-filter?

nissannewby
28th July 2014, 08:03 AM
Closer to the tank the better. Pre filter.

MuddyTroll
28th July 2014, 12:31 PM
Closer to the tank the better. Pre filter.

Thanks nissannnewby