PDA

View Full Version : Diff gears for td42 auto

healy
26th July 2014, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know what diff gears are ideal for a td42 auto running either 35s or 37s?
Im assuming a 4.1 setup would be for a factory auto setup. Manual runs 3.9s.

healy
26th July 2014, 07:28 PM
Anyone know?

Drewboyaus
26th July 2014, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling auto GQ's ran 3.9 gearing but could be wrong on that.......
I guess if you want the optimum gearing for 37's, being 3 sizes up from factory it would be 4.6's......I reckon that's what I'd be going with anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know what diff gears are ideal for a td42 auto running either 35s or 37s?
Im assuming a 4.1 setup would be for a factory auto setup. Manual runs 3.9s.

Manual wagons run 3.9 utes run 4.11. What sort of power are you wanting as this also contributes. Have you bought a factory auto td42?

healy
26th July 2014, 07:58 PM
I have a feeling auto GQ's ran 3.9 gearing but could be wrong on that.......
I guess if you want the optimum gearing for 37's, being 3 sizes up from factory it would be 4.6's......I reckon that's what I'd be going with anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

GU sorry my fault.

Yeah 4.2 efi auto runs 3.9s.

I was thinking 4.6s might be to much for a 4.2 auto
I ran 35s on the Q 4.2efi auto 3.9s yes it lost a little power on road but off road with h/l felt fine lost about 50ks to a tank with 35s.

Thats why im seeking the correct ratio so I could get a happy medium for say 33ats and 37 m/t.

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 08:39 PM
Why stuff about just run 37's permanently. Unless you are some how scoring even more gear having 2 sets is gonna be around 4k worth.

healy
26th July 2014, 09:28 PM
Manual wagons run 3.9 utes run 4.11. What sort of power are you wanting as this also contributes. Have you bought a factory auto td42?

Nah its manual. Didnt realise we had factory auto 4.2td's over here. Im not after power just work with whats there

healy
26th July 2014, 09:29 PM
Why stuff about just run 37's permanently. Unless you are some how scoring even more gear having 2 sets is gonna be around 4k worth.

Ive got road tyres and 37s but dont want to chew the $hit of them

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 09:34 PM
Nah its manual. Didnt realise we had factory auto 4.2td's over here. Im not after power just work with whats there

We sure do. So why are you asking are you wanting to do a auto conversion?

Its one of those things wait til you have it then make your decision based on the outcome.

healy
26th July 2014, 09:49 PM
We sure do. So why are you asking are you wanting to do a auto conversion?

Its one of those things wait til you have it then make your decision based on the outcome.

Fair call yeah want auto in it.
Seeing how there is so many autos going to waste in blown up zd30s and plenty of people wanting to do a manual conversion should be easy to source the parts other than the flex plate to suit

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 09:53 PM
Fair call yeah want auto in it.
Seeing how there is so many autos going to waste in blown up zd30s and plenty of people wanting to do a manual conversion should be easy to source the parts other than the flex plate to suit

Have you priced up the auto conversion using the zd auto? Its far cheaper to use the auto from a tb42. Its not a simple bolt in application.

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2014, 09:56 PM
You will want the 4.6s for sure with the 37s the thing will be a slug otherwise. on the road tyres it will get up and go too.

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 10:02 PM
I reckon you would be better of using ratios suited to the 33's and putting in transfer gears. 4.6's will still be to fast for 37's offroad.

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2014, 10:05 PM
I reckon you would be better of using ratios suited to the 33's and putting in transfer gears. 4.6's will still be to fast for 37's offroad.

I agree, transfer gears would be awesome with the Auto.

I did a drive about 10 years ago with a guy that had a GQTD42T with a factory Auto, grey Import model i think, i remember doing a big hill decent and could not believe how much he was on his brakes! I commented without knowing he was in an auto, the auto ran on a heap. reduction gears would sort that out with the big tyres for sure.

healy
26th July 2014, 10:20 PM

That was my thought so a 4.1 ratio possibly 4.3 and add a little boost reduction gears is a must from previous experience

healy
26th July 2014, 10:25 PM
Have you priced up the auto conversion using the zd auto? Its far cheaper to use the auto from a tb42. Its not a simple bolt in application.

Nah but assuming it would be 5g to send it to someone to pull out and install a setup. However ill source parts out myself instead of mechanic doing that. I know shifts would be out so a computer etc would have to be the pain I was just thinking zd30 auto would be a bit stronger as its newer

Bloodyaussie
26th July 2014, 10:38 PM
Maybe you should fix Jason up his $2000 first before fitting big tyres

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 10:48 PM
Nah but assuming it would be 5g to send it to someone to pull out and install a setup. However ill source parts out myself instead of mechanic doing that. I know shifts would be out so a computer etc would have to be the pain I was just thinking zd30 auto would be a bit stronger as its newer

Try in excess of 10k for someone to do the work for you. Plus the zd needs a stand alone computer to run with the td. The td needs a tps fitted to the injector pump.

Did you sell a kidney? Lol

Clunk
27th July 2014, 11:05 AM
Things must be on the up and up again hey, that's good to hear

Winnie
27th July 2014, 04:59 PM
Things must be on the up and up again hey, that's good to hear

Yeah must be down again now though.
What's the go Healy, now the new purple bus is for sale???
http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=SSE-AD-2889104&silo=Stock&vertical=Car

Ben-e-boy
27th July 2014, 05:13 PM
This kind of spending and mods and A NEW GU td42..has really pissed me off

Not only did many forum members help you with that piece of shit you bought (that cost me $700 of my own Money FOR YOU!!) which you took off the road and stripped a month later, Moving all the good gear which Most of it donated, the GQ was barely acceptable then advertising the the donted gearbox for a high price, now a f@ckin td42 gu! ON 37 INCH TREPS WITH BEADLOCK SAVANNAHS and Contemplating throwing thousands on a auto conversion

THAT IS A F@CKIN SMACK IN THE FACE! A smack for everyone who gave their time and money

I DIDNT EVEN GET A F@CKIN HAND SHAKE OR A THANKYOU!

I have more respect for the shit stuck to the sole of my boot

What goes around comes around.....

Clunk
27th July 2014, 05:14 PM
Yeah must be down again now though.
What's the go Healy, now the new purple bus is for sale???
http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=SSE-AD-2889104&silo=Stock&vertical=Car

well that a bugger...... must be the colour, it is a bit gay

holy crap, just noticed the price........... $32,000 for a 1998, really!!!!!!??????

rusty_nail
27th July 2014, 06:34 PM
This kind of spending and mods and A NEW GU td42..has really pissed me off

Not only did many forum members help you with that piece of shit you bought (that cost me $700 of my own Money FOR YOU!!) which you took off the road and stripped a month later, Moving all the good gear which Most of it donated, the GQ was barely acceptable then advertising the the donted gearbox for a high price, now a f@ckin td42 gu! ON 37 INCH TREPS WITH BEADLOCK SAVANNAHS and Contemplating throwing thousands on a auto conversion

THAT IS A F@CKIN SMACK IN THE FACE! A smack for everyone who gave their time and money

I DIDNT EVEN GET A F@CKIN HAND SHAKE OR A THANKYOU!

I have more respect for the shit stuck to the sole of my boot

What goes around comes around.....

well said benny

growler2058
27th July 2014, 06:49 PM
Think a lot of fellas got left with a bad taste in their mouths. Glad I only put a fiddy in!

Clunk
27th July 2014, 07:11 PM
Healy, you may or may not want to do so but I think some of the guys here deserve an explanation as to how this is at all possible, considering the state of affairs last year.

healy
27th July 2014, 09:32 PM
Healy, you may or may not want to do so but I think some of the guys here deserve an explanation as to how this is at all possible, considering the state of affairs last year.

ok here it is
back in March last year things where really bad the wife and I has just sunk 20k into the white GU only to find out it was still worthless. we where then approached with the offer to help us fix our car which we turned down. it was then put to us that this was being done for us and we should suck it up and accept the help. We still said that we weren't a charity case and were told it was being done. We where and still are incredible grateful for the generosity and help from a large amount of great people. it was in about the June that while doing a quarter chop that I found the chassis was rusted in a bad way which was not picked up at my RWC by my mechanic or anyone else who worked on the car (I did post pics at the time). After many discusions with lots of people we came to the conclusion that the car was no longer able to be repaired in anyway. the car was stripped and parts sold to be able to fund a GQ which was needing a little work to get it going.
Times where extremely tough financial after we had taken a huge loss on the car. things are still very tough and we are working hard to be able to afford to keep up the costs of the blue gu.

If anyone feels we are at all ungrateful im sorry about that and would be more that happy to talk to you about what went on.

macca86
27th July 2014, 09:39 PM
I'm not hard up by any means and I couldn't afford new diff gears an auto conversion and 37 inch tyres. Interesting not sure why you would need all that gear? You doing comps?

nissannewby
27th July 2014, 09:41 PM
So you sucked it up and took it anyway. Sorry dude but if you dont want something to happen then it doesnt happen. Unfortunately its a little late. Glad you responded though.

Winnie
27th July 2014, 09:44 PM
So why is the new GU for sale?

healy
27th July 2014, 09:49 PM
So why is the new GU for sale?

the GU is for sale as a direct result of all of this.
My family and I have been made out to be complete assholes which is not the case.
and just because something has a price tag on it doent say how much we got if for or what it will sell for. its just asking price

Irish
27th July 2014, 10:04 PM
I dunno Healy, I guess some people just find the hard up thing a bit hard to swallow when they see you posting up about all this big dollar stuff you want to buy for your rig.

Personally, my 5c is that when you sold all the good bits off the white GU you should have at least offered/ tried to sort out some of the people who had put in the hard yakka on it, and settled for something a bit more modest to punt around in, and saying you had no choice but to let the whole thing happen is weak sauce, I know if I don't want something to happen, it simply aint happening.

Also unsure as to why some peoples opinion of you on the interwebs would make you sell your car? If you know you are in the right why give a toss about what others think?

Clunk
27th July 2014, 11:39 PM
I don't feel ungrateful at all thanks very much, I'm grateful for still being in relatively good health, grateful that my family are healthy. Grateful I still have a job at the moment, grateful that the managing directors at work saw fit to freeze our wages and cut back on spending instead of making redundancies, grateful I still have a roof over our heads. Grateful for the friends I've met on here, grateful for............. oh I could go on and on

Ungrateful definitely not.

Personally, if I had received help whether it was unwanted or not, whether shit was donated or not, if folk didn't expect anything back...... I would have been doing my damnedest to pay back what I could when I could and I sure as hell wouldn't be talking about getting intercoolers or 37s or whatever until I knew I was in a position do be able to do so. But that's just me, that's the way I am. I couldn't care less what you did or do with your money, that's your choice not mine.

People perceive things a certain way because of what they see and what actions are taken.

Just my humble opinion

04OFF
28th July 2014, 01:11 AM
But weren't you sick dude ?, I can't remember the whole thing, and could have been someone elses words, but it was all sold to me as you were sick and money donated was to help to "just" get the car back on the road so you could go 4x4ing/camping etc with your family ?

I donated a small amount to the cause, because I felt sorry for your situation , at this same time I was very much struggling financially and emotionally with trying to fix my "own" car after it was rolled.

With every thing ive heard/read that has happened since, I find it hard to believe you honestly don't realise you have taken many of us for a ride with all this, im sure this was never your intention, and maybe you just went along with it all as it snowballed into something big, but now I think its obvious, its time for "you" to do the right thing, and at least refund Jason his money.

Until you make things right, you need to stop posting threads about spending more money than most of us have to play with on our own cars , as this is always going to twist the knife a little bit as far as a lot of people are concerned.

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2014, 01:44 AM
Just incase you forgot any of the finer details Healy here is a trip down memory lane for you mate

Pimp-Healy-s-Ride (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?19472-NP-com-au-Pimp-Healy-s-Ride&highlight=Pimp+healy)

I'll have a look for you tomorrow and see if I can find some of your quotes and post them here.

I will search extra hard for the quotes from you telling everyone it got out of hand and you don't need our generosity that much. I will search extra hard for the quotes from you telling Jas that he was far far too generous with his offer to match dollar for dollar the entire forum!!

If you know where to find those feel free to quote yourself with a link.

I do remember reading that your health concerns where severe and you were recovering from lung Cancer and I'm happy for you, you stated that you were unemployable though because you could not get insurance or Workcover because of the lung cancer and the blown up engine might mean your family might not be able to live under the same roof? That sound pretty full on to me!!

Nice wheels! When you sell the GU will you separate the Savannah's and 37 treps?? They are on my wish list but I'm broke and can't afford them, maybe we can do a deal?

AB
28th July 2014, 06:54 AM
Ok folks its time that I shut this down before it gets out of hand.

Some very interesting comments to read healy and I'm sure you know what is the right thing to do now.