PDA

View Full Version : Canvas seat covers - GU-ST

Mac73
23rd July 2014, 04:01 PM
I'm looking to get some canvas seat covers for the GU as they seem a good idea to keep dirt, mud and kids mess off the fabric seats. Has anyone got any advice re which brand I should be looking for and or pros and cons of these versus cheap rubbish from the local auto shop? Cheers in advance for any advice.

Beni C
23rd July 2014, 04:13 PM
I grabbed some off fleabay mate, $300 for a full set including the 3rd row. 10oz cotton canvas.

Sure they aint Blackducks or MSA's but for the price with a 5 year warrenty I figured you cant go wrong. Bit of a bugger to fit though. It makes for a good afternoon beer job.

Clunk
23rd July 2014, 04:20 PM
I've got MSA canvas ones in my GQ and to be honest, even though they do a great job of keeping much off your seats, I've found that there's not a great deal of give in them so tend to make the seat a bit firmer and therefore tend to sit up a little higher........ not a major issue but after a long journey the seats arent so comfortable (not that theyre that great in a GQ anyway)

Next set I get will probably be the neoprene type.

threedogs
23rd July 2014, 04:27 PM
a Full set from TJM will cost $700 and 12oz canvas as well

MudRunnerTD
23rd July 2014, 04:40 PM
i have a full set of Black Duck covers in my GUIV. i was fortunate taht i was looking on ebay and ready to buy the new set for $165 from a guy in Melbourne and saw this set of much much more expensive ones. They were second hand and i paid $165 for them and they are Great. They fit well, they have a little give in the seat unlike what Clunk described and have been on my seats for about 4 years and are excellent.

My car is a daily driver and they dont look like wearing out any time soon. The back seat with 2 kids would have been trashed by now i am sure and the drivers seat was starting to wear on the edge where you get in and out but i doubt it has any further wear on it since the covers went on.

As an investment i think they will keep your seats looking in showroom condition for when it comes time to sell.

Supercheap sell a cheaper canvas cover that is not custom to the Patrol which look good and a heap cheaper but i got a bargain.

Biscuits
23rd July 2014, 05:19 PM
I have a set of Blackducks for my 08 Dx, and they are phenomenal, every time I take them off for a wash I have a set of brand new seat underneath them :)

MudRunnerTD
23rd July 2014, 05:23 PM
I have a set of Blackducks for my 08 Dx, and they are phenomenal, every time I take them off for a wash I have a set of brand new seat underneath them :)

WOW! Wash them! That has never crossed my mind! do you just put them through the washing machine?

threedogs
23rd July 2014, 05:27 PM
I have heavy nylon fabric ones from Aldi and reckon they do their job of keeping the seat clean.
not as comfy as the lambs wool though but the drivers seat is heated oh yeah

Biscuits
23rd July 2014, 05:53 PM
WOW! Wash them! That has never crossed my mind! do you just put them through the washing machine?

Yep, in the wash, the usual scoop of magic powder that helps clean stuff, and then hung on the line to dry. Just make sure that you dont have any folds in spots that dont usually fold and they will look a treat when you put them back on

Cuppa
23rd July 2014, 06:07 PM
Don’t want to remove my BlackDucks. They are covering some fairly ordinary seats out of a cocky’s ST. Really like the covers, find them very comfy. Weren’t too bad to fit. Not so good for dogs though...... they don’t have anything to grip on making braking a bit interesting sometimes when I’m dog sitting for friends.

Biscuits
23rd July 2014, 06:30 PM
Well, There's your problem!!! you need your own furry friend to roughen up the canvas so they can get a grip... and if not rough enough, there is always a need for more gopro footage of dogs sliding off stuff hahahaha

but be aware that there are a group of people trying to turn the tides on dogs being the victims of vehicular shenanigans

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154481521390045&set=vb.74325590044&type=2&theater