PDA

View Full Version : ripped a few wires out gq patrol

scubasteve
21st July 2014, 06:35 PM
Gday guys
In a recent effort to declutter my engine bay I started to rip out some dodgy home wiring from the previous owner. Engine bay looks alot neater now but while I was ripping out wires I think I have disconnected something stock. There was a wire that came off the +ve of the battery (not standard) that ran down to a relay down beside the radiator near the drivers headlight. From the relay it ran to a thermofan in the front and it also ran a single wire over to a random connector that then ran down to the ac compressor. Now I ripped all of this out thinking it wasnt a big deal as it looked home installed but now the ac doesnt work(wasnt that great anyway) and I have no thermofan. Did the gq have a thermofan on the front of the radiator from stock? And if so is it going to be a drama to have it disconnected? I kept the wiring loom in case so I can put it back in if needed

AB
21st July 2014, 07:24 PM
They do have a factory fitted thermo mate. See what others say but if I were you I would be definitely getting that working again otherwise you have no safeguard.

MudRunnerTD
21st July 2014, 07:45 PM
Behind the drivers headlight is a tubular canister that is the aircon dryer. There is a pressure switch on top with 2 wires. It's a switching circuit and both positve (in and out) and it sounds like you have removed that circuit or part there of.

scubasteve
21st July 2014, 07:53 PM
I may just re connect the loom as it was just to be safe but I dont think its right. I also noticed that there is only like three relays under the black cover beside the battery when I thought there was suppose to be more. All of the ac ones I have seen in manuals arent there

ripper
24th July 2014, 11:53 PM
Yeah that how mine's wired too Steve. Looks dodgy as, and the workshop manual doesn't show it either, so I figure it was done by Nissan Australia not in Japan. From memory I think the thermo fan relay gets it's switch power from the AC relay, and as MR said, it's all tied in with the pressure switch at the top of the receiver drier.