PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone. Just Joined.

ed12371
21st July 2014, 02:56 PM
My name is Ed. I'm from Melbourne, Victoria.

I was camping up in Bright with my girlfriend (now partner) and saw a group of fwds we loved the fact they were going anywhere they wanted and when we came back we decided to get one. My Partner worked at Toyota at the time and a Land Crusier Bundera came in. It was red, a 2 door and looked like a Tonka truck. We loved it and went everywhere it could go.

About a year later we had 2 kidz and needed a bigger 4 door FWD. I purchased a Nissan Patrol GU Y61 4.5litre from a private sale for $12,500.00. The car was in excellent condition and had only one owner before I brought it.

One day we were driving through Wombat State Forest and I went through what I thought was a shallow puddle on a track and once all four wheels were in the water there was no traction and the vehicle started floating. Once the water started coming inside the vehicle up to our ankles, I got out the window, attached the winch to a tree and pulled the car out. When I took the car home I pulled out the carpet and underlay, thinking I was going to dry them out and put them back in.

That's when the love for the vehicle turned into an OBSESSION!:icon_bonk:

I figured since I had everything out I might as well sound proof the entire cabin and as well go up to the snow I might as well thermally insulate it as well. The carpets and underlay were old and shitty so I replaced them as well.

That was around 5 years ago and I have stop doing things to the car since then.

I am happy to say though I have nearly completed the list of things I have wanted to do to it (3 more things to go).:groupwave:

I will post a few pics of some of what I have done so far as I love looking at other peoples custom Patrols and I am (in love), sorry, very happy with the way mine is coming along.:clapping:

Even though I have showered my vehicle with gifts and anointments, I haven't lost base with what the car is built for. This is why I haven't taken out any of the scratches/dents (war wounds) from excellent trips we have gone on were it seemed impossible to get a vehicle through the terrain.

To take friends out (who don't have FWDs) and go places were the tracks finish and the real FWDriving begins is a trip in itself.

I look forward to seeing your rigs and speaking to you all. I have actually used the site a few times before for answers I was seeking but am glad to finally join up.

Regards Ed.

growler2058
21st July 2014, 03:05 PM
G'day Ed welcome aboard mate

MEGOMONSTER
21st July 2014, 03:46 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Avo
21st July 2014, 03:51 PM
Welcome ED,great intro mate..heaps of info and advice here..Enjoy.

my third 256
21st July 2014, 04:07 PM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Dhuck
21st July 2014, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Sherro
21st July 2014, 07:31 PM
G'day Ed welcome to the forum mate.

Bloodyaussie
21st July 2014, 07:49 PM
Welcome aboard mate.................

Drewboyaus
21st July 2014, 08:42 PM
G'day mate, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

JDH
21st July 2014, 09:14 PM
G'Day, welcome to the forum

Hardyards
21st July 2014, 09:20 PM
Hi Ed, and welcome.
What a great intro, I love being reminded of the feelings I felt as did you when I first started four wheel driving!
Cheers and look forward to seeing pictures of your Rig

ed12371
1st August 2014, 02:53 AM
Thanx everyone. Great to be here.

Stropp
1st August 2014, 06:52 AM
Welcome along to the forum Ed, great stuff mate and I know how you feel.

tikashooter
3rd August 2014, 12:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Ed. Lots of useful stuff here. Heaps of like minded people here aswell. Enjoy.