PDA

View Full Version : Ignition key light ring GU

Hodge
20th July 2014, 05:53 PM
At servo earlier I noticed a pretty new Y61, and it had a ignition key light ring, green color. It's a pain in the rear end sometime at night, not seeing the key hole.
Is this something standard in the new Y61's ???

Patrol-Guy
20th July 2014, 07:08 PM
Yep couldn't agree more. So how do we fit one?

megatexture
20th July 2014, 07:18 PM
dont you know where the hole is from experience?? lol You could put a led next to the barrel in the steering column switched by the door light? I’m sure the light would shine around the gaps of the barrel?
Try putting a light up the column and see if it shines through.

Patrol-Guy
20th July 2014, 08:08 PM
Some holes I have no problems with but the ignition, well sometimes I need help turning that one on.

boots
20th July 2014, 09:06 PM
This was one of the first mods I did to my GU Hodge , fitted a light facing the key barrell and at the same time wired the light to come on above rear view mirror when the door opens. I start work early most mornings and this issue had to be addressed .Have been thinking about putting LED striplight under the dash to light up the footwell when door opens also .

megatexture
20th July 2014, 11:13 PM
I've got red lights under the dash and front seats to light up the footwells that come on with ignition and it's not distracting at night

my third 256
21st July 2014, 07:55 AM
only ti models have this had it on my gq ti

jimpatrol
30th April 2015, 06:49 PM
very late reply but the old girl 94GQ RX poverty pack has a key light ring Bloody tight asses Nissan

Clunk
30th April 2015, 07:08 PM
very late reply but the old girl 94GQ RX poverty pack has a key light ring Bloody tight asses Nissan

that will depend on the year, my 94 RX GQ also has the light ring but yet my 93 ST does not................ the pov pack is the DX

Mr-T
3rd May 2015, 09:13 AM
My 30th Anniversary 1996 GQ came fitted with one of those around the key hole, great at night for sure.
You might have to change out your whole ignition and plastic housing surround to do it but I guess there's a few wrecks out there to pillage.