PDA

View Full Version : GU Body lift Kit

Kev223
20th July 2014, 12:31 PM
Hello All, I need some help please... I'm about to install a 2" body lift to my 2003 GU Patrol and as I've never attempted anything like this before I need to ask the experts what do I need to keep an eye on and if there is a step by step installation guide on what to do e.g. what else do I need to too in accordance with the body lift.
Or is there anybody they know of who can install these kits in the NSW Penrith area.

MudRunnerTD
20th July 2014, 12:37 PM
Ghee! Mate I'd put it back in the box it came in and sell it back to the supplier or on sell it to a guy that owns a GQ. I don't know of anyone that has done a body Lift to a GU certainly Not a GUIII. Do you have air bags? Not sure what a BL will do the the airbag actuators.

Your money is better spent on a good lift rather than a BL.

Guys with GQ fit BL to help clear 35" tyres, the wheel arch of a GU is massive and will fit a 35 without the need to do a a all.

Avoid at all costs. IMO.

Kev223
20th July 2014, 01:10 PM
Yeah I do have airbags.. I have already have a 2 1/2" lift already just need it a little higher.
I'm running 33" tyres already ad it does scrub when it is in full lock and going down my curb. As funds are a little tight I thought this would be a cheaper option.

MudRunnerTD
20th July 2014, 01:32 PM
Full lock going down the curb will be your front mud flaps for sure mate. When I fitted the 35s for the Simpson trip I had already removed the mud flaps but had to trim the inside of the flare on the GUIV a little. I will post a pic. I certainly would not be fitting a BL to deal with that level of scrubbing though mate. My GUIV has a 3" lift and 285s and no trouble at all.

The 35s with a bigger offset scrubbed a bit on full compression but they were bottoming out.

MudRunnerTD
20th July 2014, 01:33 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Kev223
20th July 2014, 01:50 PM
Your right it is the front mud flap on the drivers side I could not see it before hence the reason of the body lift The tires finally polished the mudflap Thanks a lot.

apalsson
6th September 2014, 05:23 AM
Full lock going down the curb will be your front mud flaps for sure mate. When I fitted the 35s for the Simpson trip I had already removed the mud flaps but had to trim the inside of the flare on the GUIV a little. I will post a pic. I certainly would not be fitting a BL to deal with that level of scrubbing though mate. My GUIV has a 3" lift and 285s and no trouble at all.

The 35s with a bigger offset scrubbed a bit on full compression but they were bottoming out.

Mate, to fix that scrubbing is cheap and easy. You can get 10mm or 15mm radius arm spacers for around $50
I have those and they are perfect.

mudski
6th September 2014, 01:56 PM
Remove the front mud flaps is the ultimate and cheapest option of all. Takes five minutes of your time, compared to the countless hours for a BL, and the best thing of all. It's free!

MudRunnerTD
6th September 2014, 02:09 PM
Mate, to fix that scrubbing is cheap and easy. You can get 10mm or 15mm radius arm spacers for around $50
I have those and they are perfect.

I run Drop Boxes and the diff is already forward but still needed to trim for the 35s. The trim is very slight and easy to do.