PDA

View Full Version : Zd30 question

Waidri
14th July 2014, 11:02 PM
Hi all, so I'm at the stage of reassembling my zd after a rebuild.
Now I've managed to search my way through most issues so far.
When I stripped it everything was bagged and labled, however now I've seen a 10mm hole at about 2 o'clock to the injector pump gear as your looking at it from the front.
This hole looks to have a passage and I can get bent fuse wire down there,
But it's no normal thread I've tried 3 different fine threads (for information purposes) but no luck, I've been gentle to not shag the hole. From a pic I've found it looks like a hex shaft coming out from it,
I am thinking the last rebuilder didn't put it back in.......
https://m.facebook.com/groups/129316063795995?view=permalink&id=766025586791703&comment_id=768448779882717&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment&actorid=529712064
The link has a couple of pics on it. Can anyone say what is ment to go in here please.
Thanks guys

Waidri
15th July 2014, 06:41 PM
Someone must have had their timing chain cover off recently to know what I'm talking about here?

Phoned nissan today, fat lot of help they were

I can't figure how to get pics on here from my ph yet, hence the link to Facebook for pics.

Rumcajs
15th July 2014, 07:08 PM
Well, I'd have a look but I have no "Facewaste" account so can't really help you. There is a plug which when removed allows the fitment of a bolt to lock injection pump gear in the place.
Here is a pic of timing chain ....

Waidri
19th July 2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks for that, yes the hex plug shown just inside the timing cover to 2 o'clock of the IP gear. (At the bottom the way your pic is)

So that being said is the plug just to keep the hole clean for when the stopper is installed? Or does it stop oil or something coming out too?

I'm positive the last builder didn't put it in but they also didn't fix the IP which caused another meltdown so I don't want to leave it out like they did unless I'm sure that all will be ok without it.

Thanks for your help..