PDA

View Full Version : where have you put your reversing camera

my third 256
10th July 2014, 08:15 AM
my mates reversing camera was above the no plate and was a pita
so we had a good think and came up with this idea and is fantastic as you get a true direction picture not angled
for the tow ball
cut off loop leaving some on to attach the plate leaving enough space for camera
drilled hole in posts and tapped then drilled hole for cable to go through bumper
put togeather and screwed on camera plate / hooked up and alls well

jff45
10th July 2014, 09:11 AM
That's a neat job. I think that a short length of steam pipe welded around it might protect it more.

I put mine up under the door handle out of the weather. I only need to see the towball so the trailer hitch doesn't hit the alloy step - which it has done only once before I had the camera and it annoys the hell out of me every time I look at it..
I don't use it for reversing but it does help in tight parking when the towball is approaching someone's nice plastic bumper :)

I also fitted rear parking sensors..

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2014, 10:13 AM
I have mine above the number plate and love the view it give me. I can just see the sure of the spare tyre and can see within half a meter of the back of the car at ground level. It gives me a great field of view. The only mistake I made is to mount it directly under the number plate light and at night I have to reverse with my headlights off so the number plate light does not blind the camera.

Smoothrun
15th July 2014, 05:52 AM
Thats is a neat job mate. Might go that one myself. Cheers

Ian2011
15th July 2014, 06:47 PM
Does anyone have a mirror type camera and do you have issues with glare off the back door windows. Any solutions for this issue? Mine is also mounted on the numberplate but is hard to see in the mirror due to that glare.

boots
15th July 2014, 10:16 PM
Hi Ian2011. I have the mirror type camera and have power to the camera only when reverse is selected . I have tinted windows and the rear side windows are blocked out with the silver foil stuff also , never had glare issues at all with the mirror camera and reckon its been fitted close to two years now.

Ian2011
16th July 2014, 09:51 AM
Hey Boots, guessing your rear tint is darker then standard Nissan issue? mine is also powered from reverse light and works well when you can actually see it.

threedogs
16th July 2014, 10:35 AM
some one here has camera mounted INSIDE rear back door and no problems with visibility.
I had the rear vision mirror style but first time on a dirt road I was forever adjusting it.
Never needed one so far even though I tow but its easy as to line up the camper,
would rather look forward, maybe for ppl who have trouble parking I don't know

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2014, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have a mirror type camera and do you have issues with glare off the back door windows. Any solutions for this issue? Mine is also mounted on the numberplate but is hard to see in the mirror due to that glare.

Mine is a Mirro one too and i have Zero Glare issues. I find the mirror has a tint to it which i dislike when using it as a mirror but when cam turns on day or night its crisp and clear and outstanding!

Nlouis
16th July 2014, 01:57 PM
not a bad idea. mines next to the number plate near the rear door handle

Ian2011
16th July 2014, 02:09 PM
Mine is a Mirro one too and i have Zero Glare issues. I find the mirror has a tint to it which i dislike when using it as a mirror but when cam turns on day or night its crisp and clear and outstanding!

Guess I shouldn't have bought the 200 dollar one from supercheap