PDA

View Full Version : dual battery trays

dakka1
9th July 2014, 02:55 PM
hey guys I been looing around on ebay for a dual battery tray to suit a td42 gq and im coming across a few but there prices are around $200 roughly. im sure they can be found cheaper it is only a tray after all. any ideas where I can look??

Winnie
9th July 2014, 02:58 PM
Yes the ones on eBay are crazy expensive... A brand new ARB tray is about 130

dakka1
9th July 2014, 03:00 PM
also what system is a good one I can use that has a display to monitor voltages and manual link the batteries together

threedogs
9th July 2014, 03:07 PM
What area are you in??
Autron do a dual battery monitor but plenty of cheaper ways to monitor
battery volts and alternator condition

dakka1
9th July 2014, 03:27 PM
in Brisbane mate. yea the monitoring voltages is the easy bit and I guess so is doing a switch to direct link would be to. but im just after a system that comes with a control unit I guess u could say that has it all incorperated

megatexture
9th July 2014, 09:27 PM
Something like this? .. http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page161.html

It should work with any isolator with a batt loop function

dakka1
10th July 2014, 10:34 AM
yeah I have seen those a couple of times now im guessing u just buy the relay and wire it in to that

megatexture
10th July 2014, 06:08 PM
Used with dual battery isolators that have a manual override function. If you already have a dcdc charger or a dual battery isolator that hasn't got manual override then this setup won't work.

I've just got a positive link with a switch under the bonnet and a baintech dual volt meter on the dash inside the mirror demister vent