PDA

View Full Version : Good Mechanic Canberra area

Risto79
8th July 2014, 07:40 AM
Any recommendations on a good mechanic in the Canberra area to deal with a sick 07 ZD30 common rail?? got some bad fuel on the weekend and now she is all blocked up.:mad: i pulled the filter out last night and the amount of shit that came out was unbelievable.High pressure in the fuel rail wont let it start.

I will be giving Mr BP a call today and asking for a please explain.

Patrol-Guy
8th July 2014, 08:29 AM
I can highly recommend Queanbeyan Diesel Service. Very nice people and always go that extra length to make sure customer is happy. I have had a reasonable amount of work done there and they have been exceptional.

PS obviously I don't want a bad tank of fuel and I get BP for their premium diesel. Dunno if we are allowed to but if you can't name the servo I would appreciate a pm to let me know the servo I should be avoiding.....

TimE
8th July 2014, 10:40 AM
Give Ritchie at Hume Off Road a call, 6260 2005. If he can't help you (I'd be surprised if he can't) he'll point you in the right direction. He has agreat reputation for 4x4 service in the area. I've used him for years, always been honest and reliable.

Tell him Tim sent you (he'll probably charge you double :) )

Risto79
8th July 2014, 11:14 AM
I won't go there then hahaha. Thanks for that. I just spoke to my insurance company and they are going to assess and repair it so at the moment I'm not sure where it's going to end up.