PDA

View Full Version : Gq shorty tb42 exhaust manifold leak

will-gu-wagon
7th July 2014, 08:57 PM
G'day fellas

I got a gq tb42 shorty with a few manifold bolts snapped I'm just wondering if anyone knows the size of the easy out tool I would need to buy and if it's imperial or metric also wanting to change from factory manifold to extractors any good brands anyone recommends

Cheers guys
Will

Col.T
8th July 2014, 07:55 PM
G'day will, welcome aboard
Can't help you with the numbers you need but if you've got other wheels I'd suggest you take the time and do whatever to get one of the good ones out and then use that as the template.
I do know for a fact that that is about the ultimate shitty job on any vehicle so all the best.
Another option is to head to your friendly 4WD wrecker and see how you go,.
Last, cost wise option, is to visit the nearest dealer, get a replacement and work on the easyout from there.
Gotta say, being a bit of a mongrel, I'm glad it's not me,
good luck,
Col

GQ TANK
8th July 2014, 11:01 PM
Bursons sells a kit, that includes a left hand drill and matching extractor.

I had to pull a couple of broken studs out of a rb30 head - in a couple of instances as I was drilling the broken studs came out.

The other option is to approach exhaust places as they can remove the broken studs - maybe get them to fit you extractors?

Parksy
9th July 2014, 07:14 AM
The left hand drill bit will be your best option. The easy outs sometimes make the bolt expand, making them even harder to get out.