PDA

View Full Version : Nissan warranty advice

Bloodyaussie
5th July 2014, 11:06 AM
Last night while out to dinner we noticed an oil leak from under Mags's new Nissan x-Trail and not 100% sure yet but it may be a main seal??

The car has done 7000km what it the go with warranty on something like this... we have never owned a new car so have no experience with this sort of thing...

Mags is so upset and this is her first new car..

threedogs
5th July 2014, 11:13 AM
Make sure your log book is up to date and
present the car to the service dept for inspection

Hodge
5th July 2014, 11:19 AM
Wtf.... God damnit you've had a bad run mate...
Was it bought from Northern? I've found them to be pretty prompt with warranty stuff. I've had a few minor things with my navara I bought from them. It was a no hassle experience, even though some were obviously my stuff ups. Now in saying that I haven't had major issues like an oil leak?? Car as young as that, shouldn't be leaking. They should be onto this no questions asked.

threedogs
5th July 2014, 11:31 AM
A brand new car whatever brand shouldn't be leaking oil after 7000 Ks
whats that 6 months old
Did it have its 1000K service

Bloodyaussie
5th July 2014, 11:34 AM
Of course.... its up to date and booked in for the 23rd for its next service.

We got about 4 free services because the sales guy was a rude prick and I kicked up a stink so they threw in some free stuff and the servicing.

Hodge
5th July 2014, 11:40 AM
I hope you're wrong about the main seal, and it ends up being something small. Remember at the show I asked you about your Xtrail ? We're looking at buying one for the missus.

jack
5th July 2014, 12:00 PM
Stop worrying BA, I know easy for me to say but it will be fine. Nissan have no choice but to cover it under warranty unless it has been abused - which it obviously hasn't. We've had several brand new cars including Nissans and I traded an XTrail on the Patrol. Every time our cars got to the 3 year end of warranty period I asked them to do a service and warranty check and surprisingly they found minor issues that they happily fixed. The dealer doesn't pay for this, they change it to Nissan so no skin of their nose. This was with my wife's Pulsar which we still own and also a Ford and the XTrail, all these cars were purchased at different dealers but had the warranty checks at the local dealers.
All the warranty nightmares you hear about are mainly on used cars - other than being expensive I found them very good to deal with.

Bloodyaussie
5th July 2014, 12:44 PM
Cheers mate...... I had an issue with a Holden Rodeo transmission shitting itself after 15,000km and Holden said they did not have to honor the warranty as the rear brake light had been disconnected and it was tied in with the stall converter and thats why the tranny shit itself??? had many mixed replies to that one over the years..

But The dealership I was dealing with said they would get it fixed for me...

Then I got a call an hour later saying that they would not honor it and it looked like the tranny had been abused and I would have to pay $9500 if I wanted to get it fixed... this went on for about 5 min and I was panicked..

Turns out it was a mate in Wollongong who was the king of pranks and he had me going big time..... asshole !!!!

Drewboyaus
5th July 2014, 01:12 PM
As per others mate, that would be a straight up warranty job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jack
11th July 2014, 11:29 AM
Hey BA, what was the outcome of all this?

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2014, 02:00 PM
My wife is slack but she has spoken to them and it is covered but they aren't bothered to see it till the 23rd when its booked in for its first 6 month service.

I had to ring and find out what oil went in it as you have to hassle for info .

threedogs
11th July 2014, 02:03 PM
Keep an eye on the oil level, and pray its not doing any damage while waiting for the 23rd.

Clunk
11th July 2014, 04:01 PM
Keep an eye on the oil level, and pray its not doing any damage while waiting for the 23rd.
well if it is, then that would have to be covered under warranty as well seeing as Nissan said it could wait