PDA

View Full Version : Disabled parking

threedogs
4th July 2014, 03:45 PM
There is a push in Vic to have a $400 fine and loss of demerit points
if found parking in a Disabled parking spot without the appropriate permit.
Sounds good to me hate having to park any distance away from the shopping centre.

NP99
4th July 2014, 06:22 PM
I'm happy to obey the disabled bays, it's those pram bays that annoy me!!!

megatexture
4th July 2014, 06:24 PM
We use a pram ATM and I'd still like to see pram spots abolished

Hodge
4th July 2014, 06:24 PM

Yup! I've seen them much wider than the disabled ones, where it should be vice-versa. We have a young kid, and a pram, and never needed that much space to get in and out... Most new or re-done shopping centers around here, have a few of them.

NP99
4th July 2014, 06:25 PM
I'm thinking I should carry stencil and paint with me and make up my own bullsh1t bay sign :)

janderson
4th July 2014, 09:25 PM
as far as I'm concerned my Disabled Permit overrides the Pram spots.

lucus30
4th July 2014, 09:36 PM
Yes I agree Pram bays what BS

NP99
4th July 2014, 10:58 PM
We should have Patrol bays. To protect body work from trollies etc :)

lucus30
4th July 2014, 11:20 PM
We should have Patrol bays. To protect body work from trollies etc :)

Do they have deep ruts and bog holes ?

Avo
4th July 2014, 11:28 PM
Do they have deep ruts and bog holes ?

NO you have to park on a jeep

NissanGQ4.2
5th July 2014, 06:43 AM
I agree with the pram bay, I don't see the point of them.

I could honestly say I might of used one once in the hole time my kids were in prams.

threedogs
5th July 2014, 07:52 AM
So let it be written,
so let it be done

dads tractor
6th July 2014, 09:07 PM
Most of the lazy muffin tops need the exercise from my observations !

Bloodyaussie
6th July 2014, 09:14 PM

I will tell you why those pram bays are a good thing... trying to juggle shopping kids and other cars.. its far safer when you have kids to have one of those bays and it drives me nuts when people abuse both the handicap and parents with prams.. I have had some close calls with my kids and idiots that only care for them selves ..

NP99
6th July 2014, 09:18 PM
I will tell you why those pram bays are a good thing... trying to juggle shopping kids and other cars.. its far safer when you have kids to have one of those bays and it drives me nuts when people abuse both the handicap and parents with prams.. I have had some close calls with my kids and idiots that only care for them selves ..

Still don't think we need them, I raised 5 kids and have 4.5 grand kids. On principle I won't use them when I've got the grand kids.......somehow we survived!

I agree with you though with idiots about not caring about other users...

Clunk
6th July 2014, 09:41 PM
I couldn't care less if they are there or not, if one is free then I'll use it, if one is not then I won't

NP99
6th July 2014, 10:03 PM
I couldn't care less if they are there or not, if one is free then I'll use it, if one is not then I won't

Pram or wheel chair?

Clunk
6th July 2014, 10:10 PM
Pram......

my third 256
7th July 2014, 07:36 AM
i find taxi's seem to use them as pickup and dropoff places to use and get quite upset when i take a photo of them
and send it in to the council

Allan Gray
7th July 2014, 10:26 AM
I always get abused when i park the troll in a disabled parking even though i have a disabled tag... People tend to think that because the car is so big it shouldn't have a disabled tag.as a carer for an disabled parent i only use the parking when I'm allowed to and god help people that use them when they are not supposed to (i normally park behind them)

threedogs
7th July 2014, 10:34 AM
I always get abused when i park the troll in a disabled parking even though i have a disabled tag... People tend to think that because the car is so big it shouldn't have a disabled tag.as a carer for an disabled parent i only use the parking when I'm allowed to and god help people that use them when they are not supposed to (i normally park behind them)
I have a disabled tag and the amount of abuse I cop makes me ropable.
They,, for some god forsakin reason think cause your patrol can go anywhere so can you
Its the driver who is deemed disabled on a points system by your doctor.
Im positive there are a heap of photo copies out there.
FYI I find it easier to get into my patrol than get in my sons VY holden ute

NP99
8th July 2014, 05:53 PM
I have a disabled tag and the amount of abuse I cop makes me ropable.
They,, for some god forsakin reason think cause your patrol can go anywhere so can you
Its the driver who is deemed disabled on a points system by your doctor.
Im positive there are a heap of photo copies out there.
FYI I find it easier to get into my patrol than get in my sons VY holden ute

Much easier getting in and out of a 4wd than a car for me...

idiot 1
10th July 2014, 04:01 PM
saw this parked and thought what a clown. but on closer inspection he had a disabled parking card. guess all the disabled parks were taken

dads tractor
10th July 2014, 11:33 PM
saw this parked and thought what a clown. but on closer inspection he had a disabled parking card. guess all the disabled parks were takenI had a security bloke have a go one day because I took 2 carparks in the wagon until I asked who paid the insurance on the vehicle and why there wasn't a area set aside for wide vehicles then his name and id no. that was the end of that conversation right there.

megatexture
11th July 2014, 12:18 AM
saw this parked and thought what a clown. but on closer inspection he had a disabled parking card. guess all the disabled parks were taken

He's got handicap flags on his car also!

janderson
12th July 2014, 07:15 PM
How about this

threedogs
12th July 2014, 07:38 PM
How about this
Not in Aust surely?

Nlouis
16th July 2014, 02:03 PM
so they should be fined

Family4x4
16th July 2014, 02:33 PM
I have copped a bit of abuse when I parked a new SS Commodore in the disabled spots, they didn't even look to see if it had a tag.

janderson
16th July 2014, 04:31 PM
I've been reported a number of time because people just look at the vehicle, and fail to look for the permit.

Pearly
16th July 2014, 07:21 PM
I have a gq and a Jeep. Better chose carefully next time I go shopping :)

P4trol
16th July 2014, 07:34 PM
Yep. Jeep goes in the disabled spot.

Although it's not nice to be abused if they don't see the sticker, look at it this way.

They're looking out for you. People believe the spots should be for those entitled /holding a permit. Keep your kool, and patiently explain to them. Next time they'll be trained to spot the permit, as well as being ready to have a go at the transgressor.