PDA

View Full Version : *urgent* No low beam

skits
3rd July 2014, 09:31 PM
I urgently need some help. I have no low beam on my GU Patrol. High beam works fine. All fuses are fine.

NP99
3rd July 2014, 09:35 PM
Does the high beam light show on the dash when on low beam? Shake and wiggle the connectors behind the lights. This fixed my problem.

skits
3rd July 2014, 10:00 PM
na no high beam light only if high beam is on. Pulled globes out and they are both fine. they worked fine on the way home from work this morning.

thebrod
3rd July 2014, 10:12 PM
hmmm could be a relay issue......

Punderhead
3rd July 2014, 10:32 PM
Possibly an issue in the switch itself. I had a similar issue in mine, and a mate had the same in his. Pull the switch off, check the contacts for any blackness, and clean dirty contacts with a bit of fine sandpaper and some contact cleaner. Reassemble and see what happens.

Cheers

clubbyr8
3rd July 2014, 10:57 PM
hmmm could be a relay issue......

There's no headlight relay in a GU patrol unless you have xenon lights, at least not in my 2010 GU VII.

happygu
3rd July 2014, 11:48 PM
Most likely culprit will be the switch, as it gets turned on and off a lot over a lifetime.

Check for 12V at the globes when you turn on the low beams, and if no voltage, then check the wiring out of the switch

skits
3rd July 2014, 11:55 PM
we checked the relay box but there isnt any relays for the headlights, might have to check the switch out tomorrow, thanks guys.

cjb
4th July 2014, 03:21 AM
Sounds like a loose wire if its not the switch. Have you been working under the hood?

skits
4th July 2014, 05:10 AM
no i havnt been working under the hood for a couple weeks. ill check the switch out and check voltage at the globes next,

NP99
6th July 2014, 01:31 PM
no i havnt been working under the hood for a couple weeks. ill check the switch out and check voltage at the globes next,

How did this go mate?

Yendor
9th July 2014, 01:01 PM
Sounds like two blown low beam filaments, how did you check the globes?