PDA

View Full Version : shatterd fan

DilboBaggins
2nd July 2014, 08:25 PM
G'day guys, we've a 99 2.8lt turbo diesel gu patrol and went out 4x4ing the other weekend, which there were quite some deep puddles. Any way, the clutch fan (fan infront of radiator) has shattered. Can I just get a new one from repco or supercheap ect? And what procedures would be made to replace it? Is it something I can do at home or does require specific tools ect? Cheers

idiot 1
2nd July 2014, 08:32 PM
do you mean the fan between radiator and engine. remove radiator shroud top . there is four bolts that secure fan to clutch housing. 10 mm heads I think. is only about 10 min job just be careful not to cut hands on radiator fins. take old one with you so can match as there are lots of different patrol ones .

DilboBaggins
2nd July 2014, 09:03 PM
do you mean the fan between radiator and engine. remove radiator shroud top . there is four bolts that secure fan to clutch housing. 10 mm heads I think. is only about 10 min job just be careful not to cut hands on radiator fins. take old one with you so can match as there are lots of different patrol ones .

Thanks mate, sounds easy enough. Where would I be able yo get one tomorrow without them having to order them in? Cheers

idiot 1
2nd July 2014, 09:58 PM
if your in Adelaide come see us. but if somewhere else try a Nissan dealer or Nissan wrecker. repco or supercrap may have one to suit . helps if your profile shows where you are

DilboBaggins
3rd July 2014, 12:48 AM
Yea I properly should do something with my profile hahaha, im in perth wa