PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from BrainTeaser, a short self-introduction

BrainTeaser
2nd July 2014, 10:13 AM
Hi fellow Patrollers!

We - Brian [Brain] and Teresa [Teaser] are pretty new to this 4wding fun. We started getting off-road in 2009 when we got a soft-roader VW Tiguan. It has proven to be a capable adventurer [I'm sure it would go places that we aren't prepared to take it!]
We had it on top of a ridge in the Alpine Wilderness Park when it was only 6 weeks old and sort of got the idea that it wasn't capable enough to take us where we wanted to go.
A year ago we bought a '92 SWB Jackaroo to take us a bit further. Unfortunately the automatinc died and cost more than we paid for the vehicle to replace. We did replace it but then sold it and went looking for a manual...
Present day, we are about to collect a 91 GQ patrol [codename 'Gretel'] that already has everything we think we want [although as we use it I expect there will be modifications/additions to come].
We live in Sale, Victoria and are members of the Macalister 4WD club and are looking forward to some runs to try out our new beast.
Have bookmarked this site and expect to be a regular visitor, please excuse us if we ask some 'newbie' questions! :)

kevin07
2nd July 2014, 10:16 AM
hello and welcome plenty of stuff here to keep you busy

Hardyards
2nd July 2014, 10:22 AM
Hey BT,
Love the Name. Welcome to the Forum, from what I have seen, ask away!! Some good knowledge here (and some weird stuff:clownredpuff:) but a great bunch.
Photos are a bonus as well
Cheers

Avo
2nd July 2014, 10:23 AM
welcome to the forum,

threedogs
2nd July 2014, 11:56 AM
hello and welcome to the forum, a few forum members are from your way
but are out in the Middle ATM.
Anyway jump in anytime and enjoy.
all questions will be answered

Clunk
2nd July 2014, 03:13 PM
Welcome aboard to you both, good bunch of folk on here so join in

MEGOMONSTER
2nd July 2014, 05:54 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

NP99
2nd July 2014, 06:55 PM
Good to have you both on board...

Bloodyaussie
2nd July 2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome aboard mate..............

Sherro
2nd July 2014, 07:26 PM
G'day Brainteaser welcome to the forum guys.

Dhuck
2nd July 2014, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
3rd July 2014, 08:42 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Matchbox
3rd July 2014, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate