PDA

View Full Version : power window master switch wiring

Glen 93 patrol
1st July 2014, 07:04 PM
G'day all.

I've got a curly one for you. I'm putting in power windows from a wagon into my dx ute. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me which of the wires on the back of the master switch control the drivers front window. I have the passenger wired direct from the battery with a fuse and relay so it can work without the ignition being on, basically want to do the same for the drivers side.

Cheers Glen.

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2014, 07:11 PM
Have moved your thread into the Auto Electrical category of the forum.

Yendor is your man and I'm sure if you keep bumping up this thread he will eventually see it.

Not sure if this will help you, but yendor has replied in this thread also

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/%5Bhelp%5D-power-window-problem-90413/

There is a wiring diagram in that above link also post #3
Cheers

Toddie

Clunk
1st July 2014, 10:48 PM
Not on the puter right now but I'm pretty sure there's a blue and white wire that comes from the power window relay by the battery through the bulk head to the window ecu (whatever it's called) on the drivers door. From there to the switch is where I forget but I think it's black and white......... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'll double check when I get on the puter

Clunk
2nd July 2014, 12:31 AM
wiring diagram

edit: sorry really struggling to find whats actually required

NissanGQ4.2
2nd July 2014, 06:30 PM
Disregard my posts as its for a GU not GQ............me bad

Glen 93 patrol
5th July 2014, 08:42 AM
Sorry I should have specified what model. It's actually a gu dx ute. had a look at the wiring diagrams and compared it mine. However I can't find the power feed in on the back of the master switch on the drivers door.

Thanks for your help guys
Glen.

Yendor
9th July 2014, 12:35 PM
What year model was the wagon? If it's an early one and you have used the RHF door harness from the wagon the colours are

Power connects to large White wire (pin 1 at the switch)

Earth connects to the large Black wire (pin 3 at the switch)

If it's a later model you will need powder in the large White wire with a black trace (pin 5 at the switch) and the smaller Red wire with a yellow trace (pin 13 at the switch) and possibly the large White wire as well (pin 12 at the switch).

Earth connects to the large Black wire (pin 19 at the switch).

If it was me I would just use one of the wagon's rear door window switch.