PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket MAF Sensor

Mattyb
1st July 2014, 06:39 PM
Hi guys

I just got quoted $1100 for an original MAF sensor up here in Karratha. The petrol one was 300 so go figure the huge price difference??

Are there any cheaper ones? Its in a 1998 GU 2.8td.

Any help appreciated

mudski
1st July 2014, 07:00 PM
Hi guys

I just got quoted $1100 for an original MAF sensor up here in Karratha. The petrol one was 300 so go figure the huge price difference??

Any help appreciated

Hey mate. Click on the link in my sig. I have them ship loads cheaper that that... Even the TB42 mafs which I'm trying to get are cheaper than that and they are the dearest of all mafs.

Mattyb
1st July 2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks Mudski. Next problem/question how quickly could you get it to karratha if I bought it tonight. Any chance you have access to airfreight?

mudski
1st July 2014, 08:39 PM
Thanks Mudski. Next problem/question how quickly could you get it to karratha if I bought it tonight. Any chance you have access to airfreight?

Express post but I think your outside the next day delivery service

Mattyb
1st July 2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah we are well outside it here. I will get it off you once we get to Gladstone. We leave Karratha on Tuesday. It should be ok till then I hope. nothing wrong with it at the moment but I broke the pins from the plug ( Don't ask) but have just pushed them back together and seems to be ok for now.

Hodge
1st July 2014, 08:51 PM
$1100 ?? Daytime robbery. It's scary that some people fall for that trap too.

Mattyb
1st July 2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah I cant believe it Hodge. But that's mining towns for ya. Makes it hard when you need the stuff ASAP.

madgq
3rd July 2014, 01:46 PM
Hey mate. Click on the link in my sig. I have them ship loads cheaper that that... Even the TB42 mafs which I'm trying to get are cheaper than that and they are the dearest of all mafs.

Do you have TB42 ones??

mudski
3rd July 2014, 01:49 PM
Do you have TB42 ones??

Not yet. These I have been waiting for over six months for from the manufacturer. Apparently they have a massive backlog they are going through. Hopefully soon. I hope.

threedogs
3rd July 2014, 02:23 PM
Ever tried getting a flat tyre repaired on the Nullabor in the late 70s'
That was daylight robbery, can feel a thread coming on,
Outrageous prices some ppl charge

threedogs
3rd July 2014, 02:24 PM
Hi guys

Any help appreciated
whats a normal RRP $$$$ ???

mudski
3rd July 2014, 04:27 PM
whats a normal RRP $$$$ ???

Dearest I've seen them myself was around the $700 mark!!!! So wrong.

Mattyb
4th July 2014, 07:20 PM
Not sure what normal RRP is but 1100 has gotta be a rip. My Audi that I had was half that price.

Mudski - I just bought your one on Ebay as we have had a change of plans and are heading to Kendenup for bit so should be able to get it there within a week.. This forum has already saved me several hundred dollars. Gotta love it