PDA

View Full Version : Navara V6 TDI in a Patorol or not?

Remdogg
1st July 2014, 06:22 PM
Just wondering has anyone heard of anyone fitting the Navara V6 in a Patrol. I have a 2011 Gu and would like better fuel economy and power or even just one or the other. Mine is one of those Zd30 that are a bit thursty but would be happy to pour the diesel in for 170kw and 550nm, sounds pretty good.

Any thoughts?

nissannewby
1st July 2014, 06:29 PM
I don't believe anyone has. It is rather complicated due to the way it communicates electronically it will need a lot of the original loom retained.

It's not that it can't be done, it's just a little more hassle than it's worth at present.

threedogs
1st July 2014, 06:30 PM
bigger more powerful motors out there, not sure you
would get better fuel figures though.

Hodge
1st July 2014, 06:30 PM
Interesting question . I can't see why not . But they are farkin' expensive engines. My workmate blew his 2.5L in his D40 and is chasing the 550 motor, all the wreckers he asked wanted no less than 18k for a motor that has done 50k or there abouts. And they are far few in between too.

threedogs
1st July 2014, 06:33 PM
shite that much,, better off shoe horning in the Toyota V8 twin turbo,
if it would fit

nissannewby
1st July 2014, 06:36 PM
bigger more powerful motors out there, not sure you
would get better fuel figures though.

if it would fit

This contradicts itself lol. If you want really good power and retain economy or even better economy that a 3.0 spend the coin and put a 6.6 duramax with 6 speed Allison in. Makes the Toyota 8 look like a zd30!

Hodge
1st July 2014, 06:38 PM
if it would fit

I posted a thread about that last year. From memory it was going to be hugeeeee hassle to put that into a Patrol. In the end he slotted in a fully rebult and toughened up, 4.2 with bits on top, for half the price .lol

MEGOMONSTER
1st July 2014, 06:49 PM
I posted a thread about that last year. From memory it was going to be hugeeeee hassle to put that into a Patrol. In the end he slotted in a fully rebult and toughened up, 4.2 with bits on top, for half the price .lol I like NIssannewby's idea of the 6.6 duramax with the extra touch of supercharge for good measure.

I have to admit, the V6 diesel in the Navara packs a punch

mudski
1st July 2014, 07:03 PM
if it would fit

Wash your mouth out John!