PDA

View Full Version : Superior Engineering Rocksliders

deanfurley
29th June 2014, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have these installed on a GU patrol wagon. Either these or the normal ones.

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_34_1991_3264&products_id=15807

If you do would you mind posting some pics? And are they any good?

Cheers guys

lhurley
29th June 2014, 08:42 PM
If your a Brisbane local, look up bolsys. They are out at ipswitch. I know of a few people with them and they all love them. Myself included

megatexture
29th June 2014, 09:18 PM
I've seen them fitted to a gu at superior and the display one in there show room and they look solid but I would check out bolsys also and save some coin for the same quality of build. Just more of a tube style.

deanfurley
30th June 2014, 07:44 PM
I'm not Brisbane, but for the Bolsys prices I think I'd be happy for a trip up there,

Does anyone have these on a IV or higher? And have any pics? There website seems to be missing them.

megatexture
30th June 2014, 07:50 PM
The ones I have to arnt for my model if not id put some pics up for you ive got the older gu sliders and ill have to trim my front flairs to fit them but I knew that when I bought them.
maybe email them to send you some pics

where you based

Clunk
30th June 2014, 07:53 PM
looks like they've got pics of them fitted on that page you linked mate

megatexture
30th June 2014, 08:26 PM
He's after a pic of the bolsys sliders

http://www.bolsys.com.au/index.php?PCID=11771&PSO=255&PSID=GUIVLWBS&PSV=Primary&CDO=

04OFF
1st July 2014, 12:05 AM
X 2 (or 3 or whatever we're up to, lol ) for the bolsey's.

Not having a go at superior stuff, but saying there is no damage to sliders when they are fitted to a truck with what looks like a 10 inch lift, is not really that impressive to me, i mean, i doubt the sliders would hardly ever get dragged on anything that high off the ground ? :(

megatexture
1st July 2014, 09:10 AM
I think the side of them would scrape the bitumen when on roundabouts with the bodyroll

happygu
1st July 2014, 09:48 AM
Well I like em ..... and I would like to get them and give them a go, as I think that they will blend better with the traditional barwork on my truck. Having said that, I have never thought the tube sliders looked odd either, but I prefer sliders to not have gaps for sticks to poke through, as this seems to be the damage I always get out on the trails ...... everyone else seems to sail though, and there is me constantly pulling sticks out from underneath ... :)

They claim they are stronger than tube, which looking at the amount of folds, I can see how strong they would actually be.

The only thing I don't like is the price, but good gear isn't usually cheap ......