PDA

View Full Version : G'Day

Gunman
25th June 2014, 08:55 PM
Ok, I'd decided on a 4WD while I was sitting in my Brother-in-laws sedan as he was putting a boat in the water - with water at about 2'' deep in the back seat the decision was easy. I've always liked the Nissan Patrol and when I heard that it had won a 'prize' 10 years in a row I figured although those Patrols had nothing in common with a 'street' version - I'll get one, with a boat, when I get out of the Army.

23 years Australian Army retiring as an Artificer Armament (jack of all trades master of none). Always liked mechanics not found of electrics and about as useful as a monkey with a grenade when it comes too electronics.

1997 Picked up a Ford Maverick minutes after $7000 had been knocked-off the price because of a suspected 'after accident repair' - pulled the suspect axle, replaced it with new bearings and seal. Not looked back.

My 'Patrick' (just mad that up) is having its 21st birthday next month and I'd like it to be racing me down to the gunclub not being a big paper weight in the garage.

MEGOMONSTER
25th June 2014, 09:11 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Avo
25th June 2014, 09:22 PM
welcome to the forum,good info and advice here.Enjoy your stay

relyimah
25th June 2014, 11:18 PM
Welcome mate. Great story and great outcome. Liked the "Patrick" comment. Good one :)

Great forums, lots of info, enjoy!

AB
26th June 2014, 03:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
26th June 2014, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

threedogs
26th June 2014, 08:22 AM
welcome mate plenty of ex service man here , nice pick up on the Patrol too, pics would be nice we love pics,
anyway jump in anytime and enjoy

Sherro
26th June 2014, 09:29 PM
G'day Gunman welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
27th June 2014, 07:45 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Nicholas68
1st July 2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the club! I have a soft spot for those mavericks.

Mattyb
1st July 2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome aboard mate.

Gunman
3rd May 2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the welcomes - very pleasant as I'm back for the same reason. My first post which I cannot find, details the ignition failing, at any time - whether it won't start first thing in the morning or stops at 110 kph on the freeway. I cannot find this problem, and it's so intermittent as to be frustration. I've changed the Pirana pieces in the dissy, the ignition switch, swapped the ignition relays. It seems to be an earthing problem. Any help would be appreciated

4bye4
3rd May 2015, 01:00 PM
A Nissan/Maverick with an earth problem - that would be unusual. lol Possibly the ignition switch itself. Yendor where are you?

Gunman
3rd May 2015, 01:47 PM
In Anakie about 25km north of Geelong

4bye4
3rd May 2015, 02:19 PM
In Anakie about 25km north of Geelong

No was asking where member yendor was. He is the gun in my opinion on all things electrical on Nissans. If he doesn't come on line you might even want to PM him with your problems.

4bye4
3rd May 2015, 02:21 PM
Sorry I confused you.Bang Head

skiman
4th May 2015, 09:00 AM
Hey Gunman, congratz on the promotion to Mr. Have done 23 years service in Air Force myself... 20 years longer than anticipated! lol. Good to have you here.

Patto
10th May 2015, 11:43 AM
G'day mate welcome

Gunman
15th May 2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the welcomes - very pleasant as I'm back for the same reason. My first post which I cannot find, details the ignition failing, at any time - whether it won't start first thing in the morning or stops at 110 kph on the freeway. I cannot find this problem, and it's so intermittent as to be frustration. I've changed the Pirana pieces in the dissy, the ignition switch, swapped the ignition relays. It seems to be an earthing problem. Any help would be appreciated

Ok, I get my cars serviced and repaired by JB Automotive in Werribee Victoria. The Boss, John, has been aware of the problem for the last year. I've had many people look at it without success. So I figured that I'd 'bite the bullet' and spend up to get Patrick inspected. John drove about an hour into country Victoria and found the problem within 15 minutes. He then left without giving me a bill.

It seems that when I brought the car in 1998 and converted it to a Piranha electronic ignition system (17 years ago) - I've connected the power to the low side of the coil resistor. As time has passed it hasn't been getting the 12V that it needs. So for the passed two years its been on the decline. Move the power wire to 12V side of resistor and all good.

4bye4
15th May 2015, 09:58 AM
Good result mate.

Clunk
30th August 2015, 06:15 PM
G'day mate, welcome to the forum

Bloodyaussie
31st August 2015, 08:48 AM
Welcome aboard mate..................