PDA

View Full Version : wow that feeling!

scubasteve
25th June 2014, 03:55 PM
When you conquer a tb42s backfire! HA i could dance im that happy. Only had the car a month and the constant backfiring and rough running was doing my head in but today I finally got rid of it. Turns out it was just one of those simple things, I replaced the spark plugs (which turned out to be nackered) and bam no more backfire! just goes to show that something so small can make a big difference and it pays to start at the top. I know I was stressing hard trying to make it work and im so glad that its good now. Fingers crossed everything stays that way and I can concentrate on some other things.
enjoy the rest of your day ladies and gentlemen

93patrol
25th June 2014, 04:30 PM
Good job mate. Glad it didn't cost heaps to fix it either

Bloodyaussie
25th June 2014, 04:35 PM
Ha ha ha ha!!!! well done mate I know that feeling all to well...... glad you got on top of it.

threedogs
25th June 2014, 05:30 PM
Good ending now look at your motor running in the dark for any trace of leads arcing.
you may be surprised, if running dual fuel your electrics need to be spot on.
Don't some use those platinum type plugs??

MEGOMONSTER
25th June 2014, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear it was as simple as spark plugs.
Now fix everything else that's wrong. Lol

scubasteve
25th June 2014, 06:30 PM
Good ending now look at your motor running in the dark for any trace of leads arcing.
you may be surprised, if running dual fuel your electrics need to be spot on.
Don't some use those platinum type plugs??

Its only on petrol but ill still give it a run st night to check. The plugs I used are only pretty standard ones for now but they are doing the job so im happy with that ha