PDA

View Full Version : Winches

Transtaff
24th June 2014, 08:00 PM
I have a 2011 GU Patrol & the mounting on my Bullbar for my winch means that the Winch Rope winds in over the top not under the drum ,Will this matter.It is a Standard Steel Bullbar that comes out by Nissan.

MEGOMONSTER
24th June 2014, 08:13 PM
Can the winch be disassembled and re figured to the way you need it. I think that's what the installer did with mine.

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 08:22 PM
Yes you need to rotate the gear box and flip the winch and mount upside down mate. The motor will be on the passenger side.

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 08:26 PM
Please head over to the introduction section and post an intro thread please mate, we like folks to say g'day before asking for help.

Cheers. MR

Transtaff
24th June 2014, 11:26 PM
The Slot on the Bull bar is up high so the winch fits perfect & the rope comes out threw the slot but the rope reels in over the top.It works fine but most winchs i see reel in under.

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 11:29 PM
The Slot on the Bull bar is up high so the winch fits perfect & the rope comes out threw the slot but the rope reels in over the top.It works fine but most winchs i see reel in under.

Yes its wrong and needs to be flipped mate. It will create stress on the fairlead. The winch is designed to spool under not over.

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 11:32 PM
can you post a pic. Is the slot lined up with the top of the winch drum? or the bottom and your rope is going in the slot, changing direction and going up and the over the top?

Transtaff
25th June 2014, 01:54 PM
Its Lined up with the Top of the Drum,Winch fits in holes perfectly,If i turn it up side down theres no slot on the bar.Its a standard Patrol Bar that came from Nissan stock with the Patrol.

threedogs
25th June 2014, 01:57 PM
Pictures mate we need a few pictures please