PDA

View Full Version : mounting a 12volt water pump.

Mitch.mccabe
23rd June 2014, 07:10 PM
Just wondering about everyones thoughts. I have been setting up my camper and have a 12 volt water pump, I was going to mount it behind a mud guard, near the water tank underneath the floor, then just run the electrics back into the camper where the battery box is..
I was going to then build a checker plate guard to go over the pump to stop any wayward stones or branches

It just I have seen some people put the pump on the outside of their battery box, but I don't want pumps/electrics being near each other

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 07:30 PM
Send Darren (MudrunnerTD) a message, he has just done this in his GU

AB
23rd June 2014, 07:34 PM
Seen his set up first hand and its perfect!

Bladder lays across the rear seat footwell, lines run into behind the cargo barrier with pump and switch going to a bloody faucet mounted on the left hand barn door.

Hopefully he sees this and gets time to explain it but a very neat and effective set up!!!

mudski
23rd June 2014, 08:03 PM
From my findings here. As close to the tank as possible is best. On my camper, I am mounting the pump under the trailer next to the tank. I will protect it using some heavy rubber sheeting, somehow. I have all the parts ready to go but have yet started as I need to rewire the entire trailer as well. Being a new trailer you wouldn't think I need to rewire but I found so many wires that have been stripped of their insulation is unbelievable. Plus it's winter, we won't be camping anytime soon so I have time.

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2014, 08:10 PM
It will really depend on the pump you have mate. It Must self prime or your wasting your time.
I mounted mine on the camper inside the camper tub and came up through the floor. Not ken to expose it to mud and sand and stones etc. I have had a pump fail on day one of a trip and do not have a hand [rimer on the camper! was a real Bugger! I held the pump together with emergency tape!! got through.

The set up the boys are talking about in my GU is basically the same thing but in the car. I have the pump mounted in the side well of the black widow drawers. It is a self priming pump with 4l/m output. Works a treat.

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 09:00 PM
Seen his set up first hand and its perfect!

Bladder lays across the rear seat footwell, lines run into behind the cargo barrier with pump and switch going to a bloody faucet mounted on the left hand barn door.

Hopefully he sees this and gets time to explain it but a very neat and effective set up!!!

I could not believe it when he sent me a video of it, gourmet! I want to fill that bladder with beer and have beer on tap in the Simmo!

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2014, 09:28 PM

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app