PDA

View Full Version : Wish all the guys and gals a safe trip

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2014, 05:07 PM
Well guys its almost that time when the Simpson trip will begin... I wish all the travelers a safe and enjoyable journey and hope they have the time to take the odd photo for all us poor slobs that are stuck at home.

I wish I could have made this trip but with all thats gone on it would have been far to much strain.

This will be one of those great trips that you will take with you for the rest of your lives so enjoy !!!!!!!

Good luck and look forward to catching up with some of the Vic boys when they get back..... cheers!!

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 05:16 PM
We are leaving Thursday!

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2014, 05:21 PM
We are leaving Thursday!

I know dick head..... wish everyone except Winnie a safe journey.... bury winnie in the sand up to his head please!!!!

paulyg
23rd June 2014, 05:30 PM
If he didn't come you would miss him.

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2014, 05:32 PM
If he didn't come you would miss him.

Yes I would I love the guy..... and I think right now I hate him a little too!!!

BigRAWesty
23rd June 2014, 05:34 PM
Ya's can all go and get farked.........

Na enjoy ya selves guys and lots of pics...

krbrooking
23rd June 2014, 05:39 PM
Yes I wish all a safe & enjoyable trip as well.

I hope you can keep those louts under control Roofy.

P.S bring us all back a handfull if desert sand.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

NP99
23rd June 2014, 06:38 PM
Good luck, safe driving and enjoy. Look forward to the updates.....

AB
23rd June 2014, 06:39 PM
Thank you mate, just finished final packing now.

Need food, beer, clothes and bedding and I'm good to go!!!

Going to be some sleepless nights in the next few days!!!

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2014, 06:44 PM
Sorry could not get up there today Andy ... Alexander is sick again... bloody kids!!

Will try in the evening while you are there so I can give you a cuddle...

What time are all you guys leaving on the Thursday?

DX grunt
23rd June 2014, 06:44 PM
All the best everybody.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Clunk
23rd June 2014, 07:12 PM
I know dick head..... wish everyone except Winnie a safe journey.... bury winnie in the sand up to his head please!!!!
but before you bury him be sure to Rochambeau him Cartman style

edit: oh yes, have a lovely trip everyone and don't forget to bring back as stick of rock please, humbug's my favourite????!!!!

AB
23rd June 2014, 07:19 PM
Sorry could not get up there today Andy ... Alexander is sick again... bloody kids!!

Will try in the evening while you are there so I can give you a cuddle...

What time are all you guys leaving on the Thursday?

No stress mate I should be bringing the lappy to you for lending it to me!!

Leaving sparrows mate probably around 6am

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2014, 07:27 PM
No stress mate I should be bringing the lappy to you for lending it to me!!

Leaving sparrows mate probably around 6am

All good mate I know you have a tonne of stuff on this week so I will come to you.... is Roofy meeting at your place??

macca
23rd June 2014, 07:28 PM
Our 1st outback trip in our new 4B was the Simpson in 2008, it is still with me, I hope all of you have the same feelings about that wonderful place.
Safe travels everyone.

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 07:28 PM
All good mate I know you have a tonne of stuff on this week so I will come to you.... is Roofy meeting at your place??
Roofy left yesterday mate! with Katwoman and her husband Steve

GU CAMPER
23rd June 2014, 07:38 PM
Safe travels everyone

ENJOY

I'm still spewing I'm not coming.

Remember heaps of pictures

Have fun

AB
23rd June 2014, 07:39 PM
Our 1st outback trip in our new 4B was the Simpson in 2008, it is still with me, I hope all of you have the same feelings about that wonderful place.
Safe travels everyone.

To be honest my experience of the Simpson was hard yakka being only 5 and then 8 years old with the family going there twice.

I enjoyed it but I remember being so cramped in the back of the old hilux and on a tight schedule doing the around the oz trips so spent countless hours staring out the window mate so i am keen as mustard to take it easy and enjoying the place for what it is rather then hammering through to "keep on schedule"

Wow...that's a long sentence above...lol

macca
23rd June 2014, 07:43 PM
so i am keen as mustard to take it easy and enjoying the place for what it is rather then hammering through to "keep on schedule"

Sounds like a bloody good plan :Yahoo!:

Hodge
23rd June 2014, 07:47 PM
Have an enjoyable and most of all, safe trip fellas. As AB said, rushing through it, defeats the purpose of it all. Very much looking forward to the trip report and awesome pics afterwards.

Avo
23rd June 2014, 07:47 PM
safe aqnd happy travels to all..think stropp took off saturday arvo

93patrol
23rd June 2014, 08:25 PM
Drive safe and have a great time everyone.

mudski
23rd June 2014, 08:53 PM
Be safe guys. Have fun, which I'm sure you guys will. And plenty of photos. Bloody jealous as hell right now.

Gecko17
23rd June 2014, 11:08 PM
Safe travels all and will hear from you soon.

snicko
23rd June 2014, 11:19 PM
The patrol feels heavy as it has everything we need for 2 weeks self sufficent all packed in....absolutely can't wait as the Simpson has been on the bucket list for such a long time and now its actually going to happen! Bring on Friday and some new Patrol friends

Cuppa
23rd June 2014, 11:48 PM
P.S bring us all back a handfull if desert sand

A friend who has made many desert crossings has a nice memento of his first. (Could've been the Simpson, but I'm not sure). He collected a small quantities of sand, & stored the samples in numbered plastic bags. Once home he carefully filled an attractive glass jar with the samples in order, giving multiple layers of different sand colours, some subtley different, some strikingly different. A nice memento.

NP99
23rd June 2014, 11:53 PM
I bought home some sand from Christies Beach in SAust, it's where my wife grew up. We spread it over our veggie patch on the Sunshine Coast. Each time we watered the garden, we'd talk about life growing up. :)

MEGOMONSTER
24th June 2014, 06:13 AM
Best of times out there, stay safe, stay sober and stay fresh cos you all stink. Lol

Bloodyaussie
24th June 2014, 07:19 AM
Hey who is left besides Todd to moderate this place????

Growler is off drunk and AB, Daz are on the trip... who is left???

Hodge
24th June 2014, 07:40 AM
Get your 22 out and stand guard BA !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Runner

AB
24th June 2014, 08:39 AM

And Doggy...

threedogs
24th June 2014, 08:59 AM
safe travels to all,,, for ppl new to the area you'll be gob smacked by the vast beauty of the place.
to those returning I know how you feel its magnetic and hard to describe

lucus30
24th June 2014, 10:14 AM
All the best guys wish I was coming. Will just have to take solace in all your pictures you will put up

rusty_nail
24th June 2014, 10:17 AM

mwahahahaha tood will have his hands full! spamming here i come! also, hopefully todd will be coming camping over the 4th july weekend so no one will be here to moderate!!!

threedogs
24th June 2014, 01:42 PM
everyone knows how to behave by now Im sure

Clunk
24th June 2014, 03:22 PM
Poor old Doggy, he always gets forgotten about ;)

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 03:24 PM
A friend who has made many desert crossings has a nice memento of his first. (Could've been the Simpson, but I'm not sure). He collected a small quantities of sand, & stored the samples in numbered plastic bags. Once home he carefully filled an attractive glass jar with the samples in order, giving multiple layers of different sand colours, some subtley different, some strikingly different. A nice memento.

I did this with Ziplock Sandwich bags on the Madigan line and Zach did a school project. Amazing contrasts!!

Will certainly be doing it again, maybe every lunch and every camp for a good sample.

mudski
24th June 2014, 06:14 PM

Muwahaha!!!!!!!!

Alitis007
24th June 2014, 06:25 PM
Safe travels everyone, hope you all have an awesome time !!

If you have any car troubles, i wont be breaking the land speed record to come and help hahahaaa

Bloodyaussie
24th June 2014, 09:54 PM
Just got home from ab's house and got some cuddles and just made me so jealous about the trip.....

Its a tight squeeze in the ol gq on a trip like this..

krbrooking
24th June 2014, 10:14 PM
Just got home from ab's house and got some cuddles and just made me so jealous about the trip..... Its a tight squeeze in the ol gq on a trip like this..

Damb should have got you to get the flour (if any is left) and my necklace.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Stropp
24th June 2014, 10:17 PM
Poor old Doggy, he always gets forgotten about ;)

Till he bites your ass

firm351
25th June 2014, 12:53 AM
Have a safe trip you lucky buggers, can't wait to see all the photos.

Its a tight squeeze in the ol gq on a trip like this..

I did a Simpson trip back in 95 in a maverick with my dad sister and cousin it was a bloody tight squeeze with 4 people and all the gear for a 3 week trip that's for sure.

Maxhead
25th June 2014, 06:57 AM
Yeah pi55 of you pricks, who would wanna go the the simmo anyway! I won't be thinking about you at all.

Except the wife keeps reminding me we should have already been on the road:( bitch!!

mudnut
25th June 2014, 12:05 PM
Meh. Said have a good trip in the other thread. Not jealous at all. No really, not AT ALL!!