PDA

View Full Version : VNT/VGT turbo option for Bd30 (200-250hp)!!

Lawry89
23rd June 2014, 12:03 PM
Hey Guys

First of all i apologise if this has been covered before, i couldn't find any information on this.
This engine will be going into a navara, (yes i am part of navara.asia) but there is very little 'performance threads' on that forum where as you patrol guys has been there (seemed like the appropriate guys to talk to)
The engine is a fully rebuilt Bd30 (3 Litre), which is a direct injection full mechanical diesel, it is also running ceramic coated pistons.
It ill be running a high flowed custom exhaust manifold and ported intake, with say a after market ba XR6 cooler 400mm x 600mm(555mm) x 80mm
looking at running around 25psi to 30psi with a bit of water/meth injection.
The pump on this is a ported 12mm boost comp pump.

Im looking for a VGT/VNT turbo option for this, the main aim is to keep it as drivable as possible, looking for this boost before 2000rpm and to hold to around 4000 ish.
I know a lot of you guys are into the common vane turbos, ie, gt2860, gt2871, td05 16g/18g/20g, 3071 ect.. but i want something different and given the smaller capacity running those larger turbo will be difficult without a lot of smoke (wasted fuel) for early spool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ucm8LU-Hk

does anyone know any more information on this setup??
i just need a list of some turbos if thats possible.

looking for around the 180kw atw

my other concern is that this will be running the zd30 navara gearbox, which is the same as the Rd28t, found some information that there fine for say 400hp?? anyone support his?

cheers Matt