PDA

View Full Version : Where does this tube goes to?

dannypatrol
20th June 2014, 08:11 PM
Feel super stupid for asking but i cant find where this tube goes to! After a service last week I found this morning that the tube from the coolant reservoir is loose. The tube from the radiator to the reservoir is fine. The other tube is lose and I cant find where is goes (cant find it in the manual either). Anybody who can help out? Its a 97 gu patrol 4.5l petrol.

NP99
20th June 2014, 08:52 PM
Danny, not sure if I understand, but a hose runs from the radiator to the overflow bottle (yellow cap) and the other tube from the yellow cap runs out to the environment as an overflow to the overflow.

dannypatrol
20th June 2014, 08:55 PM
Cool then it is the overflow. Weirdly it is leaking coolant though. Added water after the service job (because of disconnecting radiator) so might just have been too much in overflow bottle and left in tube. Tube was high and is now low and therefore everything drops out. Will keep an eye on it

NP99
20th June 2014, 08:57 PM
Good plan mate.

Clunk
20th June 2014, 09:04 PM
I could well be wrong but if that's the tube that goes from the overflow bottle to environment, then it's a damn long tube...... Mines only about 4 inches (the tube that is ;))

Edit:
Never mind me, I must learn to read properly

dannypatrol
20th June 2014, 09:10 PM
From the overflow bottle, 1 tube goes to radiator and the other to nothing so I guess environment indeed. It is indeed a long tube, I think to prevent coolant everywhere in the enginebay :p

NP99
20th June 2014, 09:45 PM
From the overflow bottle, 1 tube goes to radiator and the other to nothing so I guess environment indeed. It is indeed a long tube, I think to prevent coolant everywhere in the enginebay :p

I'd say so, probably the last owner did a mod for it.

Clunk
21st June 2014, 12:41 AM
And it's probably a good idea to