PDA

View Full Version : Lockers Air, Electric, Auto ??? Which one to get

ozjeff
19th June 2014, 09:06 PM
Ok this has probably been asked a million times. I tried to search but gave me about every thread that includes the word locker in the signature :(

Looking to add a front locker to a GUII. It's not for bunny hopping off rocks, more part of recovery/get out of the poo than getting in it.

But which is best, from the searches that were actually locker related the ARB's seem like they have leak problems - not much on TJM Pro, Elocker gets a good mention and mixed love & hate for auto lockers.

TJM have a special on their Pro Locker for $1255 including the air compressor, wiring harness and a ultra bonus of tyre repair kit. That's not fitted of course so I'm guessing + $450ish so $1705 all up.

Got a Elocker quote for $2100 installed

But then there's auto lockers - LOKKA or Lock Right for $849 installed

What to do, which is best/best value for money/ best length of life ??

Cheers.

04OFF
19th June 2014, 09:41 PM
Be aware that with a auto lokka you may have to convert your auto hubs to work as manuals (can be done in 30 min at no cost)

Im just saying in case auto hubs are important to you.

Don't know about the rest as I bought a auto lokka , and opted to spend the saved money on other stuff, BTW it works great in every situation ive been in.

If you decide on a auto one, I suggest you go the Lockright if you don't want to wait :tongue:

ozjeff
19th June 2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah got to admit it's like auto locker + free 11xp winch for the price of a air/electric locker. Very tempting on the saving.

Stropp
20th June 2014, 12:51 AM
I have a spartan locker until I can afford an elocker, will get there one day.