PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone,

savvas
14th February 2011, 10:09 AM
I've just joined up because I'm planning to upgrade my old fourby to a newer one sometime during the next 12 months and am doing research on what to get next.

I currently have a 2000 Holden Jackaroo Monterey which has been a very good honest vehicle since new. However it's getting on in age and we're starting to see some small issues with ol' Monty.

So time to upgrade and the 3.0 Patrol is the favourite at the moment. 3.2 Pajero is also on the list, but we're leaning about 80% towards the Nisssan mainly because of the separate chassis construction and live front end. It also seems that a lot of Jack owners move to Patrols eventually, so there's some sort of "natural" progression going on.

We're think upto 2 years old. It also needs to be auto as wife can't drive manual. Maybe I can get her to take lessons ... we'll see.

As I mentioned, I'm doing research so I hope to learn from this forum more about the Patrol and the 3.0tdi engine. The good points, the bad points. Also what mods are worthwhile (heard a lot about DP Chip and Steinbauer, etc)

I also like to do a lot of maintenance myself, so trying to understand what's involved as this will be my first diesel vehicle.

So excuse me if I ask a lot of seemingly dumb questions. But hopefully, and not before too long, I'll be a legitimate Patrol owner like you guys.

nowoolies
14th February 2011, 10:13 AM
g`day savvas
welcome mate lots of laughs and heaps to learn here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

Bob
14th February 2011, 10:20 AM
Welcome Savvas You have come to the right place for information on all matters Patrol. Join in and enjoy

patch697
14th February 2011, 10:26 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 10:29 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be had on here mate, so don't be shy and feel free to join in the conversations and make the most of it!!

Never a dumb question mate - so ask away and hopefully we can assist in making the 'right' decision (getting a patrol of course!! LOL).

AB
14th February 2011, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Woof
14th February 2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome Savvas, enjoy the forum mate, as Bigrig said, there is no such thing as a dumb question here, well all had to learn sometime... so ask awat.
Just post your questions in the correct section that way you will get more assistance.

Dhuck
14th February 2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

big_fletch
14th February 2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to join in the convos

Fletcha

timbar
14th February 2011, 08:15 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be had on here mate, join in the conversations and make the most of it!!

Sir Roofy
14th February 2011, 08:40 PM
welcome aboard savvas

Finly Owner
14th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Savvas

Tim

wildgu6
15th February 2011, 08:27 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share,
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Good luck with your choice, cant go wrong with a Trol.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Savvas

Clunk
19th February 2011, 11:46 PM
g'day Savvas, welcome aboard mate

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:49 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul