PDA

View Full Version : Foxwing Awnings

Irish
19th June 2014, 07:46 PM
Anyone use one?

Are they any chop or just expensive bulldoody?

TPC
19th June 2014, 07:50 PM
Anyone use one?

Are they any chop or just expensive bulldoody?
My sister had one and it broke in the wind the first time they used it, they got their money back and bought a standard type of awning.

Bloodyaussie
19th June 2014, 07:51 PM
I like Drews rear facing awning.... so practical.

Drewboyaus
19th June 2014, 07:54 PM
I have a couple of mates who have them and they are pretty good.....BUT, you have to fold the whole thing out and it really all needs to be pegged out if there's any wind which, because of it's size can take a while.
I use a Rhino Sunseeker which is more your traditional side awning and I also have one on the rear which means I can use either/or depending on what I'm doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Winnie
19th June 2014, 08:09 PM
I like Drews rear facing awning.... so practical.

I saw Drew's and wanted one straight away. Amy saw it and said "why don't we have one of those"

Bloodyaussie
19th June 2014, 08:30 PM
I saw Drew's and wanted one straight away. Amy saw it and said "why don't we have one of those"

It's a penis thing !!!!

Winnie
19th June 2014, 09:16 PM
It's a penis thing !!!!

Except she has never once asked why we don't have one of those.

Gav15
19th June 2014, 11:14 PM
I have a foxwing, I think it's great, very rarely peg it down, and never had a problem, only problem is the cover is looking a bit perished, also have a tent that zips onto the side, great for the little ones while we are out in the swag

Cheers
Gav

MudRunnerTD
19th June 2014, 11:21 PM
I have a traditional roll out side and rear awning. Setup in under a minute for each and sooo much easier than the foxwing to live with day to day, I would not change a thing.

Stropp
19th June 2014, 11:29 PM
There is one called ostrich wing and it's really strong and in most situations doesn't need to be pegged down only when facing directly into the wind. There good but very expensive.

Clunk
20th June 2014, 12:47 AM
Except she has never once asked why we don't have one of those.

Always wondered why your boobs were rather large

Clunk
20th June 2014, 12:48 AM
There is one called emu wing and it's really strong and in most situations doesn't need to be pegged down only when facing directly into the wind. There good but very expensive.

Not got one yet Stropp?
Isn't there also Ostrich wing?

Stropp
20th June 2014, 01:42 AM
No can't afford it and yes ostrich wing

liftlid
20th June 2014, 10:44 AM
Agree with the bad comments, I've seen one flip over the car roof in a minor puff of a breeze sup-prized everybody how easy it went, Good idea that doesn't work well, keep it simple